Arup Graduate Civil Engineer in Ontario, Canada
Graduate Civil Engineering positions available in 2018
Start your career at Arup, listed in Engineering News Record as one of the top “Best Green Design Firms”, “Top Global Design Firms”, and featured on Fortune Magazine's "Change The World" list of companies that are making the world a better place.
Arup is an independent engineering and consulting firm of 14,000 people in 42 countries around the world. Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest). Current North American projects include Fulton Street Transit Center in NYC, California High-Speed Rail, 2015 Pan Am Games stadiums in Toronto, and the Las Vegas Observation Wheel.
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
We are seeking Graduate Civil Engineers for 2018. As a Graduate Civil Engineer, you will learn and apply the following skills:
• MicroStation and AutoCAD software to layout roads, rail alignments, drainage systems and utility systems as well as grading designs
• Hydraulic modeling tools such as InfoWorks, Hydraflow and WaterCAD to analyze and design stormwater, sanitary and potable water systems
• Applicable codes, specifications and standards for design of the above elements
• Interdependence between skills in delivering sustainable outcomes
• Many phases of the planning, design and construction process
• Techniques associated with construction activities
• Regulatory environment for gaining approval at different stages of project delivery
• Wide range of disciplines and skills with Arup
• Needs and concerns of our clients
• Big-picture awareness that permeates every skill area in Arup
• Format, style and quality of our reports, calculations, plans, drawing and specifications
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals
• Familiarity with civil drafting software
• Technical writing
• Professional demeanor
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• EIT/ FE Certification
• Proficient with civil engineering design and analysis tools for roads, rail and/or water systems
• Fluency in 3D CAD software
• Technical editing
• Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
• Proven ability to perform in a deadline driven environment
• Past history of technical presentations and technical writing
• Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
Graduates become an essential part of the delivery team. In addition, we would provide you with excellent benefits, extensive training programs, and career mobility options.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Title: Graduate Civil Engineer
Requisition ID: TOR0000BB