Washington State Talent Acquisition & Engagement Manager in Olympia, Washington
Talent Acquisition & Engagement Manager (WMS 2)
*What would you be doing in this role? *
- Consults with business/functional leaders to implement Talent acquisition and sourcing strategies, establish priorities, and ensure alignment with delivering business/functional goals.
- Develops and drives talent acquisition programs to align with the current and future direction of the organization to attract top talent and promoting WaTech as an employer of choice in the state.
- Creates and manages employer brand campaign strategy and execution in partnership with goals and objectives.
- Leads the recruitment team to develop proactive, creative sourcing strategies to build a talent pipeline. Advises and partners with hiring managers and recruitment team on the most suitable route to attracting and selecting candidates and deliver the agreed solution.
- Maintains strategic cross functional partnerships internally with all departments of the agency, designing.
- Develops the University/School relations strategy including targeted schools, approach to engagement with schools and trainee/internship/co-op programs.
- Partners with the HR Operations Manager to deliver diversity and awareness training, identifying strategies to build diverse pipeline of talent.
- Proactively identifies state and local trends and challenges, and identify solutions to mitigate barriers to talent acquisition.
- Facilitates briefings for leaders and HR key stakeholders on topics that pertain to talent acquisition, culture and employee engagement.
- Design and implement New Hire Orientation Programs, to include delivery process, and ensure compliance and quality control for effective process management.
Design and lead effective and efficient onboarding process, utilizing technology. Required Qualifications:
BA/BS in Human Resources, Org Development, Business, or University degree in related field required.
- Professional Human Resource or Recruiting experience.
- 5 years strategic talent acquisition/engagement program design experience preferred.
- Experience with segmentation and targeted employer brand marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing strategic talent attraction talent programs including but not limited to university relations, employee referral programs, internal talent mobility, and sourcing.
- Demonstrated experience using social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, & LinkedIn) and managing online reputation.
- Experience designing and implementing retention and engagement initiatives.
- Proven ability in producing outstanding results and earned credibility through effective relationship management, subject matter expertise, influencing, collaboration and partnership with key HR and business stakeholders.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Ability to travel 5-10%.
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will only be accepted electronically. Please select the large apply button at the top of this announcement for instructions. You may need to create a profile and account in Washington State's automated tracking system, NeoGov. To be considered for this position you will need to answer any supplemental questions. As part of these questions you will need to provide a letter of interest and resume. Your letter of interest should clearly explain how your experience, training, and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
First round of application assessments will be conducted seven days after the initial job posting date. The hiring authority reserves the right to offer the position at any time during the recruitment process. It is to the applicant's advantage to apply as early as possible.
Contact us:For inquiries about this position, please contact Wendy Brandat (360) 407-8799or email to Wendy.Brand@watech.wa.gov.
WaTech is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and equal access in a non-discriminatory manner to its programs and services for all persons without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, political affiliation, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any real or perceived sensory, mental, or physical disability.
Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or for an alternative format may contact the recruiter Wendy Brand at (360) 407-8799 or Wendy.firstname.lastname@example.org. Persons of disability or those who are deaf or hard of hearing can call the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388. WaTech complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the federal Form I-9. The selected candidate must be able to provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States consistent with the requirements of that form on the first day of employment.
To learn more about WaTech please view our site.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-WaTech-7007
Department: Washington Technology Solutions
Closing: 10/26/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA