Washington State Human Resource Consultant 4 in Olympia, Washington
HUMAN RESOURCE CONSULTANT 4
WaTech is currently recruiting for a senior level Human Resource Consultant 4 position to serve as an agency professional expert in providing human resource (HR) consultation and advice to executives, managers, supervisors and employees on a variety of HR functions and issues to include: strategic planning and organization, performance management, discipline and classification, grievances, dispute resolution, employment issues and union/labor management.
This position serves as a generalist in the application of expert knowledge and expertise to make decisions on sensitive, complicated, critical personnel matters for assigned customer areas. This involves gaining a thorough understanding of the customer's business and effectively overlaying a strong knowledge of HR laws, rules, policies, CBA provisions, processes and practices. This position makes recommendations for HR policies and procedures and participates in developing and presenting HR-related trainings.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Oversee allocation reviews for consistency and accuracy. Makes classification determinations on WGS, WMS, and Exempt positions.
- Develop allocation review letters and prepares cases for appeals with the Office of Financial Management and the Personnel Resources Board.
- Research policies, labor contracts and employment laws for hiring processes, including salary determination and ensures compliance with applicable rules.
- Analyze organizational structure and recommends alternative staffing strategies to enhance effectiveness of personnel resources.
- Plan and conduct personnel investigations of alleged misconduct and/or violation of agency policy and/or labor contract and/or employment laws. Provides options to resolve employee performance problems and facilitate to conclusion/resolution, including facilitating meetings with managers, supervisors, employees and union as necessary.
- Represent the department in Personnel Resources Board appeals, arbitration, and unemployment hearings. Participates with or may lead litigation preparation projects.
- Advise department managers on grievance procedures. Attends grievance and disciplinary meetings with manager or supervisors. Prepares disciplinary and grievance responses and recommends appropriate personnel actions. Represents agency at grievance arbitration hearings.
- Present HR training to managers, supervisors and line staff, as needed. Provides career counseling to individuals and groups.
A Bachelor's degree with a business focus, human resource management, or related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree.
Four years of progressively responsible broad based human resources consulting experience representing management which includes a combination of expert level professional experience in personnel investigations, performance management, job classification and allocation, labor relations and employment law.
Demonstrated computer skills with HR databases and MS Office Suite.
Experience researching, interpreting and applying employment laws.
Experience representing management on union and labor relations issues.
Knowledge of the Information Technology industry and terminology.
Experience with HRMS including organizational management and reports.
How to Apply: Applications for this recruitment will only be accepted electronically. Please select the large apply button at the top of this announcement for instructions. You may need to create a profile and account in Washington State's automated tracking system, NeoGov. To be considered for this position you will need to answer any supplemental questions. As part of these questions you will need to provide a letter of interest and resume. Your letter of interest should clearly explain how your experience, training, and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
First round of application assessment will be conducted 7 days after the initial posting date. The hiring authority reserves the right to offer the position at any time during the recruitment process. It is to the applicant's advantage to apply as early as possible.
Contact us:For inquiries about this position, please contact Wendy Brandat (360) 407-8799or email toWendy.Brand@watech.wa.gov.
WaTech is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and equal access in a non-discriminatory manner to its programs and services for all persons without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, political affiliation, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any real or perceived sensory, mental, or physical disability.
Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or for an alternative format may contact the recruiter Wendy Brand at (360) 407-8799 or Wendy.firstname.lastname@example.org. Persons of disability or those who are deaf or hard of hearing can call the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388. WaTech complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the federal Form I-9. The selected candidate must be able to provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States consistent with the requirements of that form on the first day of employment.
To learn more about WaTech please view our site.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-WaTech-5283
Department: Washington Technology Solutions
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $51,756.00 - $67,884.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA