Washington State Capacity Management Analyst in Olympia, Washington
Capacity Management Analyst (ITS5)
Organizational Overview: Network Services Division (NSD) is responsible for data & telephony services, transport, infrastructure, architecture, & technology for the State of Washington. Customers include, but are not limited to: state and federal agencies, cities & county municipalities, local governments, & non-profit organizations. Network Planning and Design (P&D;) is the strategic leader in research, design, and integration of new technologies, data center infrastructure, and network architecture for NSD. Providing strategic technological services & network evolution enhancement initiatives, P&D; strives to provide our customers with flexible, practical, & cost-avoidance solutions aligned with customer business & technical requirements coupled with the agency strategic roadmap(s). Capacity Management Analysts perform data analytics (the science and practice of examining raw data to draw conclusions, gain business insights, to improve decision making) in support of network services throughout the state of Washington.
Duties: The primary objective of a Capacity Management Analyst is to serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Capacity Management, network data analytics, & statistical modeling of network & IP telephony services. Work performed at this level involves translating business plans, performance data, & customer intent into optimizing business-driven technology solutions. The incumbent will perform trend analysis & develop performance metrics of network infrastructure, processes, & services in predicting change in capacity demand & acceptable performance levels. Capacity Management Analysts monitor, analyze, model, tune, & facilitate proposed change(s) in utilization of network resources & preparation of business proposals.
*Required Qualifications: *
- At least 4 years' experience in software, systems, &/or network engineering with an IP network; specifying, designing, & implementing performance management solutions.
- Associate of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Mathematics, Business, or an equivalent discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Applied experience in the following concepts:
- Network Routing & Switching
- Data Analytics (Trend Analysis)
- Data Modeling
- Network Quality of Service (QoS)
Experience in presenting & defending business cases & design proposals via various communication means: verbal, written, formal, informal, official, vertical, & internal. Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Mathematics, Business, or an equivalent discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Certification(s) include:
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Intermediate level
- Lean Six Sigma / Six Sigma
- Business Analysis (CBAP, CCBA or PMI-PBA)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Professional Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP)
- Experience in relevant analytics tools (Cisco Prime, NetFlow, Orion SolarWinds) & Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint).
- Experience in working with new & unfamiliar technologies; independently using documentation, online resources, & other available sources of education to conduct research & development (R&D;). How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will only be accepted electronically. Please select the large apply button at the top of this announcement for instructions. You may need to create a profile and account in Washington State's automated tracking system, NeoGov. To be considered for this position you will need to answer any supplemental questions. As part of these questions you will need to provide a letter of interest and resume. Your letter of interest should clearly explain how your experience, training, and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position. First round of application assessment will be conducted seven days after the posting was released. The hiring authority reserves the right to offer the position at any time during the recruitment process. It is to the applicant's advantage to apply as early as possible.
First round of application assessments will be conducted seven days after the initial job posting date. The hiring authority reserves the right to offer the position at any time during the recruitment process. It is to the applicant's advantage to apply as early as possible.
Contact us:For inquiries about this position, please contact Wendy Brandat (360) 407-8799or email to Wendy.Brand@watech.wa.gov.
WaTech is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and equal access in a non-discriminatory manner to its programs and services for all persons without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, political affiliation, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any real or perceived sensory, mental, or physical disability.
Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or for an alternative format may contact the recruiter Wendy Brand at (360) 407-8799 or Wendy.firstname.lastname@example.org. Persons of disability or those who are deaf or hard of hearing can call the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388. WaTech complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the federal Form I-9. The selected candidate must be able to provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States consistent with the requirements of that form on the first day of employment.
To learn more about WaTech please view our site.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-WaTech-7077
Department: Washington Technology Solutions
Closing: 10/23/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $63,036.00 - $82,728.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA