KIK Custom Products Maintenance Mechanic II (Processing) - 1st Shift in Olive Branch, Mississippi
KIK Custom Products
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Job ID 2016-4159
Job Location US - MS - Olive Branch
Posted Date 11/29/2016
KIK acquired Marietta Corp last year. Marietta is now part of the KIK Custom Manufacturing Division. Our Marietta manufacturing facility in Olive Branch, Mississippi is FDA registered and specializes in retail and guest amenity bar soap manufacturing.
About this Job
- We are searching for a Mechanic II (Processing) -1st Shift to maintain equipment and production facility in proper repair and good working condition. This position must have both electrical and mechanical experience, be collaborative and effectively accomplish task requirements with minimal supervision.
Essential Job Functions:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain equipment, parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level and anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies.
- Control downtime by performing preventative maintenance while monitoring compliance.
- Complete all necessary documentation according to Good Manufacturing Practices including logs, journals, work orders and computer entries. Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and engineering specifications. Also, maintain chemical levels for Ph treatment of waste, chilled water and boiler treatment.
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop, instrumentation, hand tools and equipment.
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts and using rules, calipers, micrometers and other measuring techniques.
- Perform daily tests on water boiler, condensate return, softener effluent, boiler feed water and chilled water systems.
- Maintain system for conveying liquids and liquid waste by installing and repairing plumbing apparatus, monitoring filters, strainers, flow monitoring devices and samplers. Collect sewer samples and maintain recording charts and pens for the Ph treatment system and flow meter. Monitor level in waste and switch tanks as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
- Comply with plant safety standards, GMPs, current standard practices and all other plant policies/rules.
- Participate in CI team meetings. Develop and encourage a high level of employee involvement and continuous improvement.
- Order parts and support equipment as needed.
- Will be required to work with engineering staff or customers on existing product issues or new product startups.
Perform other duties as assigned
Medium Work: Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Climbing. Balancing. Stooping. Kneeling. Crouching. Crawling. Reaching. Handling. Feeling. Seeing. Hearing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 2 years maintenance experience in building equipment maintenance and electrical work is required.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to be self directed.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and to physically endure schedule.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Thorough understanding of cGMP's
- Knowledge of PLC software and ability to perform minor PLC program adjustments on equipment
- Ability to operate electrical testing equipment and machining equipment
- Utilize hand tools or machines needed for tasks
- Read drawings of the items to be made or repaired
- Measure, cut or otherwise work on materials or objects with great precision
- Use arithmetic or shop geometry to figure amounts of material needed, dimensions to be followed and cost of materials
- Lift and move material and products