Oklahoma State University COOK in Okmulgee, Oklahoma
*GENERAL SUMMARY: *Responsible for the preparation of hot and cold food items for the cafeteria and Child Care Center. Responsible for food preparation for special events, including catering for on-campus and off-campus functions. Assist in the supervision of all cafeteria staff during assigned shift, including sales clerks, cooks, dishwashers and work-study student employees.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- **Assists in the purchasing and inventory of food and supplies.
- Must be able to train and work as needed in all areas of the cafeteria including cashier, cooking and dishwashing.
- Assists with cooking, food preparation and serving.
- Assist with stocking and cleaning of food service and prep areas.
- Run and balance register when necessary.
- Receive and stock all merchandise in the coolers and dry storage areas.
- Date all product as it is stored.
- Inspect received items for quality and freshness.
- Continually monitor inventory levels and effectively communicate product needs to management.
- Record monthly inventory for items stored in the kitchen coolers and dry storage.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- **High School diploma or GED required; Associate degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Three years of food preparation and serving experience, preferably in a supervisory role.
- Must have experience in the operation of kitchen equipment, ovens, fryers, etc.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Six months cash register and cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and provide quick and courteous service.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be customer-service oriented.
- Must maintain a neat appearance and possess a pleasant personality.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task and assist in any area necessary.
- Ability to resolve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, co-workers and other campus personnel.
- Ability to communicate with a positive attitude.
- Excellent listening skills and customer responsiveness are essential.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively recognize and resolve conflict.
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license must be maintained if position necessitates the use of a personal or university vehicle to conduct university business.
- Must maintain a Food Handler’s permit.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Available to work special events, some of which may be at times other than standard work hours.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, and have full function of all limbs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must meet the physical demands of the position.
- Will be required to work during inclement weather conditions.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please upload cover letter, resume, and list of references for full consideration.
Req ID: req2477
Position Title: COOK
Position Number: 631730
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
OSU Campus: Okmulgee
Department: OSUIT CAFETERIA
Location Address: Okmulgee, Oklahoma United States
Hiring Range: 10.03 - 11.30, Hourly
Work Schedule: M-F 7:30a-4:00p (subject to change)