HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician - O.U. Medical - Oklahoma City, OK in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Subsequent to verified order entry by a Doctor of Pharmacy, places properly packaged medication in labeled containers to be verified by a Doctor of Pharmacy.
- Transports completed medication order to designated pick-up site as needed.
- Refills patient medication cassettes.
- Participates in restocking of automated dispensing machines subject to verification by D.Ph and files reports as needed.
- Prepares IV admixtures and documents work.
- Delivers IV fluids to patient care areas and retrieves unused/unneeded IV fluids for return to pharmacy unit.
- Handles and prepares admixtures containing cytotoxic drugs while adhering to cytotoxic handling guidelines.
- Fills request for floor stock medications and documents completion of order.
- Assists with keeping log of medications and supplies that need to be reordered.
Participates in debit/credit routines for pharmacy charges to help ensure the patient receives a timely and accurate bill.
*Permit: Permit as a Pharmacy Technician by the Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy.
*Certification: Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) or successful completion of the Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy approved curriculum for preparation of chemotherapy/hazardous drugs.
Title: Pharmacy Technician - O.U. Medical - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-OU Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00322-25075