HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Manager Pediatric ICU - PICU - RN in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Clinical Nurse Manager - Pediatric ICU
The PICU units at The Children's Hospital are specially designed to meet the needs of children. All of the unit's physicians and nurses are pediatric specialists, and are focused on providing developmentally appropriate care.
PICU Services Unique to the Region:* Pediatric Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) * Pediatric Dialysis * Otolaryngology (ORL) or Ear, Nose and Throat services * Craniofacial disorders * Kidney Transplantation * Complex Thoracic Surgery
Clinical Nurse Manager - PICU
General Description: * Under general direction, responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of services to ensure that quality health care is delivered.
- Directs and coordinates, through supervisors, the activities of the department.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records and directives.
- Monitors and analyzes costs, prepares budgets.
- Evaluates, develops and implements process improvements to enhance effectiveness.
- Responsible for the hiring, promoting, discharging and transferring of employees.
- Responsible for scheduling and staffing needs of the unit; available for staffing needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Arranges appropriate in-services and continuing education programs to meet the needs of the staff.
- Ensures the proficiency of the staff on the unit.
**Education: *Graduate of an approved school of nursing; and
**Experience: *Three (3) years of supervisory or charge nurse experience.
**Licensure: *Possession of a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by theOklahoma State Board of Nurse Registration and Nursing Educationas aregistered nurse prior to entrance on duty (permanent license must beobtained within 3 months of appointment). Currentcertification inBasic Life Support (CPR).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures.
- Managerial skills sufficient for organizing, developing and supervising a department and staff.
- Knowledge of managerial functions such as budgets, statistical measures, report writing, performance improvement tools, etc.
- Computer literate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must able to prioritize and manage several tasks at one time.
Physical Requirements (with or without accommodation):
Requires frequent bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling and moving. May be required to assist with lifting of patients. Must be able to stand for long periods at a time. Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines.
Title: Clinical Manager Pediatric ICU - PICU - RN
Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-OU Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00322-24027