HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Addiction Counselor- PRN in Ogden, Utah
The Addictions Counselor is responsible for organizing and coordinating counseling service operations within the ACT tract. Works with the unit director and nursing staff to assist in implementation of policies, procedures and activities necessary for the proper function of all in-patient, out-patient, and family education/treatment modalities, including Aftercare services and functions. Carries out plans for the execution and maintenance, on a 24-hour basis, of a high standard of counseling and therapeutic practices and personal performance, controlling costs and maintaining sound organizational relationships within ACT and the Hospital as a whole.
- Assists in implementation of programs for the Alcohol and Chemical Dependency tract including evaluation, developing and revising techniques of treatment and policies and procedures related to psychosocial aspects of patient care.
- Coordinates the orientation, instruction and supervision of counseling personnel and students. Identifies and participates in employees learning needs. Provides in-services on a regular basis for counseling staff as needs indicate. Provides input to Unit Director or personnel relating to performance evaluations.
- Coordinates the development of personnel time schedule with Unit Director and makes recommendations concerning adjustment in daily staffing schedule.
- Guides and assists and participates in following a prescribed treatment modality and aftercare planning for patients.
- Plans and implements Patient Group Educational Programs.
- Supervises monitors and guides technical staff in relation to their job description.
- Helps to channel communication between staff and coordinates activities with other departments and program elements including nursing, medicine and psychiatry. Attends all staff meetings.
- Communicates with other agencies dealing with the treatment of chemical dependency.
Works closely with AA, AA sponsors and Al-Anon.
- Documents on patient medical records regarding patient problems, implementation of interventions, patient outcomes, and impressions of patients, interviews and counseling sessions held.
- Participates in team decisions concerning admission and treatment appropriateness of individual patients (after Detox).
- Maintains and provides copies of appropriate statistical records and reports significant observations and information to Unit Director.
- Participates in providing direct services for patients including lectures, leading group therapy sessions, carrying a case load and assuming or delegating the responsibilities of counseling staff members during periods of vacation, illness, etc.
- Coordinates education and involvement of nursing staff in counseling areas.
- Assists in education of Volunteers upon request.
- Provides concise, meaningful, patient oriented documentation through reports, analyses and the medical record.
- Participates in family program (FACE) by presenting educational lectures.
- Interacts with family of patients on an as needed basis by phone and in person.
- Provides crisis intervention with patients and/or family members as needed.
- Facilitates couples/family sessions.
- Responsibilities include supervision of Patient Care Techs and those who lead any patient/family group sessions for the purpose of education and/or treatment, i.e., F.A.C.E., Women’s Group and Aftercare.
- Licensure/Certification: Current CAC/LSAC from State of Utah required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent in experience (2 years of experience to 1 year of college).
- Recent institute, seminar or workshop training as an alcohol/chemical dependency counselor.
- At least 2 years in alcoholism/chemical treatment as a counselor.
Title: Addiction Counselor- PRN
Location: Utah-Ogden-Ogden Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06030-27643