Cardinal Health Lead Associate, Warehouse Operations (Second Shift) in Obetz, Ohio
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
• Training new employees on company and departmental procedures as appropriate
• Ensuring that safety, productivity and quality standards are met
• Coordinating housekeeping, inventory control, and complying with all QRA and safety requirements
• Directly supporting employees in the distribution center in all functions, including:
• Unloading trucks by hand and with the use of material handling equipment
• Accurately breaking down and stocking freight in accordance with QRA standards and local procedures
• Order processing (accurately picking, checking, sorting, consolidating freight, wrapping pallets, packing, and loading products)
• High School Diploma or GED required. College degree completed or in process is preferred.
• 4+ years work experience preferred; Prior distribution center experience preferred.
• Independent self-starter with a drive to succeed and a strong emphasis on results with ability to motivate others and significantly contribute in a team environment to accomplish goals.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and follow up skills in addition to analytical skills and problem solving skills strongly preferred.
• Computer experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, and Word). AIMS, ECC, WIL, ADI experience is strongly preferred.
• Ability to work in a position that requires prolonged standing, frequent bending, stooping, and reaching with ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a regular basis.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies extensive knowledge and company policies to complete a wide range of assisgnments
- Demonstrates expert undeerstanding of all levels of the job family and has thorough knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- Takes the lead in effectively applying new processes and skills in accomplishing assignments
- May provide technical guidance and training to others
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on complex problems that require independent action and a high degree of intiative to resolve issue
- Makes recommendation for new or revised processes and has a role on the implementation
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with minimal degree of supervision. Has latitude to make decisions in exceptional circumstances within established guidelines
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members
- May have team leader responsibilities but does not formally supervise
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.