Varma Enterprises DBA Tim Hortons Manager, Payroll in Oakville, Ontario
*Position Overview: *
The position is responsible for coordinating and processing the weekly and bi-weekly payrolls, including the delivery of payroll to all locations, overseeing the deposits to all financial institutions and payment of payroll taxes, and drafting of all government payroll filings. Responsible for the oversight of all payroll deductions for benefits and tax withholdings, and management of leave pay. The position requires a strict adherence to processing and delivery timelines. Allocates work as a team leader; may check on completion/quality. Experience using ADP GlobalView is an asset.
- Responsible for reviewing and editing trial payroll ensuring a high level of accuracy for each final payroll
- Responsible for evaluating existing processes and designs and implements process improvements; collaborates with finance, information technology and human resources staff in the process improvements
- Responsible for processing final payroll in a timely manner, meeting all internal and external deadlines and distributing to all employees according to set procedures
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with federal and provincial laws
- Responsible for completing audit schedules for all required payroll transactions
- Assists the Accounting Department with quarterly reports of wages including but not limited to Employers Federal Tax, unemployment etc.
- Accurately maintain records of changes affecting employee’s net wages including insurance coverages, garnishments etc.
- Assists in processing retirement contributions
- Conducts multiple payroll validations
- Performs general ledger (GL) reconciliations and validations
RBI/Tim Hortons is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available upon request.
Department: Global Business Services
Posted Date: 18-Oct-16
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada