Haley & Aldrich, Inc. Senior Technical Specialist in Oakland or Walnut Creek, California
Senior Technical Specialist
Oakland or Walnut Creek
Haley & Aldrich is a 600-person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a
passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
The Energy & Infrastructure business unit is seeking an experienced Senior Coastal Engineer as a Senior Technical Specialist to work alongside our Client Leaders and Project Managers to provide technical solutions to project-specific challenges for key clients
in the energy and utilities sectors. This is a full-time position and can be located in either our Oakland or Walnut Creek, CA offices.
• B.S. in Civil, Geotechnical, Coastal, or Marine engineering. M.S. strongly preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of experience as a Coastal/Marine Engineer working on waterfront, coastal, and marine engineering, development, and restoration projects
• California P.E. License or ability to obtain within 12 (twelve) months
• Be able to perform tasks in the field of structural analysis and design, including concrete , steel, and timber
• Fluency in principals of civil and geotechnical engineering design as it relates to marine structures and maintenance dredge design
• Highly adept at, and proficient in, implementing design best practices in areas of expertise; in addition, ensures conformance with all applicable codes, standards, and client requirements
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines efficiently with a strong attention to detail and work product quality
• Efficiently perform and review calculations for analysis with high level of attention to detail
• Ability to prepare construction documents and engineer’s estimate
• Fluency in performing/overseeing construction administration activities including site inspections
• Familiarity with industry standard analysis and design software
• Establish standards, design approach, and manage the technical analysis of marine structures and foundations using cast-in-place/pre-stressed concrete, steel, and timber
• Lead the design of waterfront structures such as piers, bulkheads, breakwaters, as well as shoreline protection and restoration systems
• Collaborate with project manager(s), engineering staff, and designers to produce deliverables such as design reports, calculation packages, construction drawings, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates
• Monitor and report on project schedule, scope, and budget
• Actively participate in the training, mentoring, and development of junior staff
• Provide quality reviews of drawings and calculations
• Interact directly with, and contribute to, the development of relationships with key regional clients
• Create detailed, scientific, and technical reports for submittal to CA state regulatory entities for review and approval.
• Team leadership including delegation of specified project tasks, organization and coordination of multi-disciplined project teams
• Understand and apply company, client, and site Health and Safety standards
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich engages in challenging environmental, engineering and management projects with clients in the U.S. and internationally. If you enjoy seeing the positive impact of your work and want to grow your skills in a rewarding, collaborative learning
environment, we would like to hear from you. With offices nationwide, our shared vision is to integrate technology and human potential to tackle tough issues facing the world. Through teamwork, sharing knowledge and building on experience, we achieve outcomes
that benefit our clients and the communities we serve together
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP