The Inland Real Estate Group of companies, Inc. Indirect Services / Senior Buyer in Oak Brook, Illinois
This position will play a key role in our procurement company for front end and back end contracts and purchases. Inland Office Services, Inc. is an entity within and the buying company for the 36+ entities which make up The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies Inc. in Oak Brook, IL.
We provide both strategic and tactical procurement services to the group and are seeking an Indirect Services Senior Buyerwho can effectively work with multiple business units, multiple spend categories, understand and document their needs and execute the procurement process. Qualified candidates must be able to manage the RFP process, negotiate contracts, establish supplier metrics and maintain relationships with suppliers. This position will require someone with indirect services experience and reports to the Director/President of Inland Office Services, Inc.
- Lead RFP process for assigned projects.
- Take ownership of assigned expense categories.
- Develop and maintain standard and custom reports for assigned categories.
- Execute supplier due diligence process.
- Evaluates proposals from potential suppliers.
- Develops alternate sources of supply by identifying and researching prospective suppliers.
- Ability to negotiate supplier contracts
- Assures and maintains accurate deadlines for assigned projects
- Monitors and evaluates supplier performance utilizing SLA’s / KPI’s.
- Monitors and evaluates supplier's ability to meet all company and procurement requirements and ensure that the pertinent technical and quality issues receive adequate attention in order to assure compliance.
- Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems. Develops, coordinates, and implements improvement initiatives with key suppliers.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience dedicated to indirect department or company buying responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge of RFP process, negotiating methods, purchasing principles and concepts.
- Experience performing analysis and evaluations or workflow and supplier success.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interpret contracts and recommend changes.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to suppliers and team members.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to negotiate effectively to obtain best prices and terms on products, materials, and services.
Req #: 16-0257
Post Date: 10/13/2016
Job Title: Indirect Services / Senior Buyer
Inland Company: Inland Office Services, Inc.
City: Oak Brook