The Inland Real Estate Group of companies, Inc. Fund Controller in Oak Brook, Illinois
With more than 45 years of expertise, The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc. (“Inland”), is an industry leader and one of the nation’s largest commercial real estate and finance organizations. As a business incubator, we specialize in creating, developing and supporting Inland member companies that provide real estate-related investment funds, including limited partnerships, institutional funds and non-listed and listed REITs, and real estate services for both third parties and Inland member companies. The companies that are members of The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc., which is headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois, cumulatively employ more than 1,100 people nationwide. Inland member companies have owned and managed 100's of millions of square feet of commercial property in 49 states.
Inland Investment Real Estate Corporation is seeking a Fund Controller, that will be responsible for leading the accounting and finance processes related to real estate equity and debt investment funds.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of quarterly reports, variance analysis, and annual audited financial statements in accordance with US GAAP (SEC and FMV reporting requirements)
- Lead relationship with external auditors during the quarterly review and year-end audit and tax processes
- Manage outsourced fund accounting firm and supervise staff in reviewing all work relating to the operations of the portfolio
- Manage relationship with custodian and trustee for settlement of any security trades and recording all investment activity
- Partner with Chief Compliance Officer on all fund governance and regulatory requirements
- Review and analyze capital structures for equity and debt investments to determine appropriate accounting
- Calculate asset management fees, fund net asset values (NAVs)and investor share prices
- Maintain and calculate waterfall / promote return models on a quarterly basis
- Prepare and review capital call and distribution letters across multiple fund entities in accordance with partnership agreements
- Complete quarterly investor reporting requirements and debt compliance calculations
- Monitor fund liquidity by updating forecasts / budgets incorporating the underlying asset’s cash needs
- Interact with clients and joint venture partners at various levels, respond to inquiries, and maintain relationships
- Partner closely with Portfolio management team and outside partners to resolve any potential issues and identify opportunities across the portfolio.
- Manage technical research and application of US GAAP to accounting issues pertaining to investment companies and issues occurring in the investments.
- Perform responsibilities that may be required by management in support of the ongoing development of the funds.
- Communication with audit committee and board of directors of multiple funds.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA or MBA and public accounting experience in real estate / financial services strongly preferred
- Experience in investment Accounting (i.e. FMV based) and knowledge of real estate equity and debt investment is strongly preferred
- 10+ years professional work experience is required. Big 4 public accounting is a plus not required.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex accounting issues
- Financial statement preparation, including consolidations and footnotes
- Knowledge in Yardi and JDE a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight internal and client deadlines
- Strong communication skills, including written, listening and presentation abilities
- Proven track record of leadership and employee development
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with other business areas
- Solid attention to detail
- Familiarity with REIT qualification tests strongly preferred
Req #: 16-0311
Post Date: 8/31/2016
Job Title: Fund Controller
Inland Company: Inland Real Estate Investment Corporation
City: Oak Brook