Macy's Seasonal Holiday Retail Sales, Part Time: Macy's Emerald Square in North Attleboro, Massachusetts
Surprise. Delight. Engage. Amaze.
As a seasonal retail sales associate, you're the cornerstone in bringing the magic of Macy's to life for our customers - engaging, interacting, and delighting them with smart merchandise recommendations and outstanding customer service.
You'll work independently and as part of a high-performance retail team using your enthusiasm and your great attitude to amaze our customers and help your team members create the kind of memorable shopping experience that has made Macy's America's choice for finding the best holiday gifts.
Here's what you'll do as a Macy's seasonal retail associate:
- Greet customers quickly and warmly as they enter the area - let them know you're glad they're there
- Provide outstanding customer service that's sincere, enthusiastic, and professional
- Maintain a great attitude that reflects our commitment to the customer
- Qualify customer needs, figure out what's right for them, and help them get it through one of our shopping channels - either in store or online
- Share your knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns
- Recommend additional merchandise that complements customer selections
- Use our in-store technology and tools to enhance the shopping experience: this make include Search and Send, the More@Macy's app, Buy Online Pick Up in Store, and more (don't worry - we'll train you!)
- Use point-of-sale and mobile point-of-sale systems to process customer purchases (we'll train you on these, too!)
- Handle returns with courtesy, ease, and professionalism
- Be at work and be there on time - your team is counting on you!
It takes a lot of time to create that magical shopping experience, so many of our associates arrive in the early morning hours while others stay later to set the stage for the next day.
You'll have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a part time temporary basis, which may include mornings, evenings, weekends, and busy events like Thanksgiving, Black Friday and the day after Christmas.
Generous Employee Discount: *Bigger, Better, Faster, More!*
Just in time for holiday shopping, you'll receive a generous employee discount of up to 20% on most items starting your first day - and that's on top of other specials, coupons, promotions, and special offers - so your holiday dollars go farther, faster.
You don't necessarily need retail experience or a degree, but you'll need to be a self-starter with good time management skills, and be able to work independently and as part of a team. And a few other things:
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and ability to use a calculator
- Possess a strong sense of urgency
- Enjoy meeting and working with customers
- Comfortable with technology, such as point of sale registers
- Have a love of learning
- No experience required, just a great attitude!
You'll be on your feet a lot - this job involves a lot of moving and standing (at least two consecutive hours). You'll need to be able to lift at least 30 pounds, and may occasionally need to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb ladders, and reach above eye level - it's not cardio, but it's a lot of movement! The job also involved close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Become a part of our Macy's seasonal retail sales team and start making magic - apply now!
Click here to see the complete Seasonal Retail Sales Associate job description
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-North Attleboro
Job: Non-Commissioned Sales
Req ID: 71151645