SunTrust Banks Mortgage Loan Consultant - Virginia Beach, VA in Norfolk, Virginia
Mortgage Loan Consultant - Virginia Beach, VA-W432711
Counsels individual borrowers to ensure that they acquire a loan product appropriate to their individual circumstances. Assesses with customer the best options for the customer's needs and makes recommendations. Analyzes the prospective borrower's income and debt and pre-qualifies the borrower for an affordable mortgage. Counsels the borrower in the home buying and financing process, advises on the financial and long-term impact of various products. Provides disclosures to the borrower, including Truth in Lending and Good Faith Estimates. Counsels and advises the borrower in understanding and clearing credit and other problems. Completes detailed applications at times and locations convenient to customers. Spends time outside of office in business development and consultation activities with borrowers, builders and realtors, and branch channel associates.
Is registered and maintains active, SunTrust sponsored registration in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR) and has been assigned a unique identifier number in compliance with the federal S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
• Eligible to manage or perform loan origination or servicing functions under Mortgage Investor or government agency guideline requirements.
• Satisfies regulatory requirements for holding the position, including determined by SunTrust to meet the qualification standards imposed by the Loan Originator Compensation rule of the Truth in Lending Act.
• Two or more years of experience in residential mortgage lending with evidence of ability to self source and/or build referral partnerships
• Mortgage production volume of $1,000,000.00 (or greater) per month over the last twelve months
• Solid knowledge of the local market and regulations
Primary Location: VA-Norfolk/Southeast Area
Work Locations: STM Virginia Beach
500 Viking Drive
Virginia Beach 23452
Equal Opportunity Employer
SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.