Siemens Sr Financial Analyst in Norcross, Georgia
Sr Financial Analyst
Job Family: Finance
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 201902
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
The Systems business segment is seeking an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to support the financial activities of the business. Responsibilities include budgeting & forecasting, month-end close, booking/sales/cost/margin analysis, and reporting for P&L, Balance Sheet and other KPIs. The qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting and previous work experience of 5-8 years. The analyst must have excellent communication skills for collaboration with multiple factories, business unit & division support teams as well as various business/marketing groups.
• Prepare monthly forecast and annual business plans
• Develop forecast for multiple sales incentives program such as National and Global Distributor, Retail and Industrial rebates, Cash Discounts in conjunction with various sales, marketing & pricing organizations
• Calculate, validate and reconcile bookings and backlog between various SAP modules to ensure accuracy
• Participate in the month-end closing process
• Identify and resolve discrepancies by collaborating across multiple functional areas including production, marketing, logistics, corporate functions, etc
• Independently applies advance skills to resolve complex problems
• Evaluate data and analyzes trends in sales, cost, general business conditions and other related areas and proposes action plan to improve business performance
• Coordinate Sales Consensus meeting between Logistics, Product Management, Sales and Marketing, etc.
• Prepare journal entries supported to accrue for Sales Incentives Programs by adequate calculations/backup
• Perform complex financial and operational analysis to support short-term and long-term strategic plans and operating budgets
• Financial reporting and analysis of Orders, Sales, Profit, Cash and Asset management items for the Systems business segment
• Support LOA (Limitation of Authority) process updating and analyzing standard cost utilized in the quoting preparation process, auditing projects to ensure adherence to Siemens Guidelines and reviewing proposed Terms and Conditions compared to Siemens Standard T&C’s.
• Preparation and analysis of Customer Profitability Report for the Division and by Segment as well as Margin analysis by Product Group
• Support Ad hoc requests as needed to drive organizational performance
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• 5 to 8 years progressive experience in financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting & reporting
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
• Proficient with SAP FI/CO, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Hyperion
• Ability to effectively manage deadlines and prioritize in a fast paced environment
• Work with cross functional groups and relate financial information to non-finance staff
• Possess excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and be able to work with all levels of the organization
• Ambitious self starter needing minimum daily guidance
Complete the analysis of financial results to determine accuracy and completeness of information. Prepares various financial reports, compiles and reviews financial plans and budgets. Completes margin analysis of customers, projects, products, etc
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .