HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Scheduler PRN (As Needed Mon-Fri 12pm-8pm)-Parallon in Norcross, Georgia
This is an as needed position which means hours will vary between Monday-Friday 12p-8p.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Answer telephone in a timely and professional manner
• Schedules all patients for ancillary, surgical, and medical testing/procedures/admissions through the Meditech scheduling module
• Select accurate insurance carrier plans and informs the patient or physician office staff of any carrier that is out of network or of any carrier that may result in a decrease on benefits
• Inform the physician office staff or patient of any testing requirements according to the instructions and queries in the scheduling module
• Ensure that any edits performed in the scheduling module are also duplicated in the admissions module
• Maintain knowledge of the scheduling reports for the next day to ensure department readiness in the event of any unscheduled Meditech down-time
• Work closely with the physician office staff to ensure that pre-cert/authorization numbers are entered in the scheduling or registration system
• Receive incoming pre-cert mail and ensure that pre-cert/authorization numbers are entered in the scheduling or registration system
• Select the correct patient medical record number consistently
• Maintain open communication with the registration staff regarding those unscheduled patients presenting for services to ensure appropriate testing is performed and times are available
• Edit via the scheduling module those departmental calendar changes to ensure that patients are not scheduled when personnel is not available
• Acknowledge, file, and send MOX messages via Meditech
• Edit medical accounts to a PRE status
• Enter outpatient procedures in the Order Entry System
• Pull reservations off printers, keeping clinical reservations filed according to policy. Return surgical reservations to each appropriate scheduler.
• Work clinical accounts at least 2 days in advance in order for admitting personnel to use reservations for calling patients and checking patient and insurance information
• Attends in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education week, including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA standards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues.
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED required
• Prior scheduling experience required
• Extensive experience with medical terminology required
• Radiology Tech, CAN, and/or medical coding experience preferred
CERTIFICATIONS (not mandatory but preferred)
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS LISTED WILL BE CONSIDERED
Title: Scheduler PRN (As Needed Mon-Fri 12pm-8pm)-Parallon
Location: Georgia-Norcross-Shared Services - Atlanta
Requisition ID: 08591-125346