Leidos Marketing Communications Manager in NORCROSS, Georgia
Varec, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a Marketing Communications Manager who oversees and directs marketing communication programs and the creation of promotional materials. This position creates, implements and manages marketing communications activities designed to generate product awareness and brand identity, support solution-based-selling, drive business opportunities and stimulate sales for the organization. Working closely with product experts within the company, the Marketing Communications Manager translates technical information into targeted communications strategies. The Marketing Communications Manager plans and delivers external communications to our customers, our trade, our industry and our media designed to positively impact the external brand image, identity and promotion, communicate the messages of the company, and drives sales and marketing in similar efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage company product brand identities and assets, provide company and product brand guidelines for positioning and differentiation across all marketing communications materials
• Create and manage marketing communications materials to support sales and business development activities, including sales documents, application notes, success stories, technical documents, product videos, etc.
• Provide assistance to sales and business development teams for presentations, including branding, overall quality, messaging and graphics
• Manage industry tradeshows, including all booth designs, customer demonstrations and presentations, as well as attending events and customer liaison. Plan and coordinate activities to ensure success at key events
• Create and manage the company's websites (x10) from concept to completion, ensuring optimum content, usability and visibility for our public and internal websites
• Plan and manage advertising from concept through to publication. Create concepts, copy, and artwork for print and digital use, and identify opportunities for editorial and advertising placement
• Manage launch of new or existing products
• Manage the marketing budget
Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Experience in the implementation and execution of brand strategy
• Excellent communications and presentations skills
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
• Web design: Writing and editing content, designing webpage layout, determining technical requirements, optimizing site and content for search engines, providing daily updates
• Manage website properties for Google Webs Master Tools, Adwords and Analytics
• Superior project management and time management skills
• Online media and Internet marketing experience
• Experience in graphic design, and social media
• Knowledge of the print production process and supplier negotiations is desirable
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
• Strategic Marketing
• Tactical Implementation
• Sales Channel Marketing
• Product Launch, Promotion and Event Marketing
• Advertising and Editorial
• Messaging, Value Propositions and Creative Writing
• Product Documentation
• Digital Media Strategies
• Web design (HTML & CSS)
• SEO and SEM
• Graphic Design, Illustration Video and Photography
• E-learning and Computer Based Training
• Social Media
• Ability to communicate with parties within and outside of the Varec organization
• Ability to influence others outside of the technical support area on policies, practices and procedures
• Proven ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work with little to no supervision
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Very detailed oriented
PREFERRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE LEVEL:
Bachelor's or master's degree in marketing, communication, business or related field. Minimum 7-10 years professional experience in product promotion and marketing communications. Relevant agency and/or industry experience preferred.
• Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Vacation, Flexible Spending Account, 401K
About Varec, Inc.
Varec, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, has been a market leader for over 80 years in developing products and services for the measurement, control and automation of bulk liquid assets in the Oil & Gas Industry, including major oil companies, defense and aviation applications.
Leidos offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Leidos is an Affirmative Action Employer who values cultural diversity in the workplace. EOE, M/F/D/V
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.