Bechtel Marine Propulsion Corporation Security Police Officer in NISKAYUNA, New York
Security Police Officers are assigned to protect Naval
Reactor's Program personnel, property, and information
from loss due to theft, diversion, sabotage, or other
illegal acts. Control personnel and vehicle
ingress/egress in accordance with approved access
procedures and preclude the introduction of prohibited
items. Essential duties include:
* Protect the organization's physical assets by
maintaining and safeguarding the physical perimeter
of the facility.
* Comprehend and implement detailed procedures
contained in the Naval Reactor's General Orders and
applicable site Post Orders.
* Patrol and protect the facilities by foot and/or
vehicle to detect or prevent illegal/unauthorized
* Provide security protection for all organizational
facilities, classified material and personnel within
areas of responsibility to preclude unauthorized
access, diversion, theft or intentional destruction.
* Prevent, detect or report any possible espionage or
* Control personnel and vehicular ingress/egress into
controlled secure areas.
* Perform escort duties as appropriate.
* Prevent/report all violation of security and safety
rules and regulations.
* Respond to protective alarm signals or
unusual/suspicious activities such as sabotage,
espionage, or other criminal acts.
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all security
orders, written and oral, pertaining to assigned
duties as well as working knowledge of applicable
* Maintain appropriate radiological, firearm,
first-aid, and other required qualifications.
* Perform additional administrative duties to include
such items as writing NR Security Reports, updating
policies and procedures; maintaining daily shift
* This list is not all inclusive; perform other duties
* Must be in possession of a valid driver's license
prior to and during employment
* Must be 21 years of age
* High School graduate or equivalent education and one
of the following:
* Two years of college or vocational-tech
education in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement
or similar program.
* Two years civilian law enforcement experience
(with arrest authority)
* Two years of military service may be substituted
for post high school education
* Must successfully pass Department of Energy physical
examination conducted by the BMPC designated
physician prior to and during employment
* Demonstrate and maintain physical fitness capability
in accordance with Department of Energy requirements
prior to and during employment
* Must pass the MMPI psychological evaluation and drug
testing prior to and during employment
* Must pass a federal background investigation and
must meet eligibility requirements for access to
classified matter prior to and during employment
* Must obtain initial assigned firearms qualifications
and maintain firearms qualification during
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time and
work inside and outside with exposure to weather
Employer's Job# 18251
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.