JPMorgan Chase Wealth Management, Client Onboarding Document Reviewer, Associate in Newark, Delaware
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Global Wealth Management (GWM) is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customized solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.25 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
Introduction to Role:
The global focus on Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) is increasing and leading to new roles and opportunities within JP Morgan. GWM is establishing a market-leading function to help manage the regulatory risks involved in Onboarding clients with special attention to meeting the regulatory AML and KYC requirements. This is a great opportunity for the right individuals to work in a fast paced dynamic team and to help identify and establish best practices within JP Morgan and the industry.
The Client Onboarding Document Reviewer will be part of the global Middle Office Operations team supporting all aspects of client Onboarding to include the fulfillment of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) requirements. The Client Onboarding Document Reviewer will partner with the client-facing teams to ensure all client KYC records are compliant with regulatory standards, and will ensure high quality and timely completion of all client-level due diligence requirements at the onset and renewal of client relationships. The Client Onboarding Officer will own the end to end Onboarding of new clients and subsequent periodic renewal process of all clients. The Client Onboarding Document Reviewer will assist with the drafting and gathering of client documents and make independent recommendations regarding AML risk at a client level prior to final review by the client-facing team. The Client Onboarding Specialists are expected to stay current with all regulatory changes and requirements around client KYC, Suitability and Documentation
• BS/BA Degree - Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred or equivalent military experience
• 3 to 5 years of experience with in a financial services, operational or compliance fields
• Prior experience in AML / KYC a plus
• Management Experience preferred not required.
• Client Onboarding and/or documentation analysis experience preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to get up to speed quickly with new or unfamiliar subject matter.
• Strong client focus and ability to partner with various internal groups and client coverage
• Independent, self-motivated, with an ability to adapt and be flexible in a team environment
• Ability to communicate clearly and confidently; able to influence internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to directly address conflicts and escalate issues where appropriate
• Strong analytical, prioritization and organizational skills
• Strong risk and controls awareness
• Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture
• Maintains a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize/multi-task
• Ability to successfully navigate a complex infrastructure that involves numerous groups and individuals
• Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high performing organization
• Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines