Goldman Sachs & Co. Technology - Technology Risk - Security Engineering Lead - New York in New York
Technology - Technology Risk - Security Engineering Lead - New York
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives
that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
RISK ADVISORY delivers best in class advisory support and technology solutions across the information security risk domain including scalable uplifts of common core security solutions for use across Goldman Sachs. Prevents the misuse, unauthorized disclosure, or loss of firm data across e-mail, file transfer, and the Internet. Ensures business continuity and technology resilience by safeguarding Goldman Sachs from major operational disruptions through preventative measures including business planning, capability design, and the testing of mitigants.
The Technology Risk team protects the systems and data of our firm and our clients, equips our people with understanding and tools to measure risk and enable the use of technology, and evangelizes controls monitoring solutions.
The team encompasses Technology Risk Advisory, Business Continuity and IT Regulatory compliance (such as Sarbanes Oxley). The global Technology Risk team currently has presence in New York, London, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong, Zurich, Moscow, Dallas and Beijing. It covers all technology and business areas including subsidiaries and affiliates globally.
You will join one of the most progressive Technology Risk teams in the industry which continues to push the development of risk in preference to security within technology and the business.
TechRisk Advisory Security Engineering's core mission is to build controls into platforms to drive efficiency, re-use and lower the overall cost of maintaining the high level of control mandated at the firm. This role will act as the lead engineer, architect and strategist of this function with primary focus on delivering the engineering products necessary to integrate TechRisk review processes into AppCloud and CSF. Other focus points will be increased efficiency through automation and enabling the further reach of application security scanning by delivering on self-service tools for Application Security Champions throughout the firm. This role will also work closely with DPG on expanding the scope and reach of the Security Testing practices embedded in the Test Maturity Model.
• Design, develop and assist engineering teams in maintaining re-usable application security controls as embedded framework components
• Driving adoption of security controls in application development as part of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Contribute to the technical understanding and adoption of security control development, testing processes, standards, solutions and tools
• Contribute to the implementation and refinement of the strategy for the Application Risk program both globally and in the region
• Be highly committed both to achieving the deliverables and to the team itself.
• Work with engineers to develop customized security control strategy
• Have the discipline and interpersonal skills to work well in a global environment, complementing teams in other locations.
• Provide deep level subject matter expertise in one or more areas, such as implementation of cryptography, authentication, specific development language implementation risks and secure design patterns
• Software development practices and frameworks
• Development experience and proficiency in one of more languages, such as Java, C/C++, Objective C
• Mobile application architecture and development
• Software testing experience and understanding of role of testing in SDLC
• Security control methodologies, tools and techniques
• Ability to engage technical client base of engineers and communicate security and testing requirements, potential risks and influence development practices
• Understanding of common application security vulnerabilities and controls to remediate
• Medium-scale technical program management skills.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.