Archcare Senior Speech Pathologist in New York, New York
The Senior Speech Pathologist is part of a great team who pride themselves in providing Five Star Service. TCC is a 729 bed subacute LTC facility, with specialized services including Huntington''s Disease, dialysis and AIDS HIV. This position assesses, plans, organizes and participates in rehabilitative programs that improve receptive and cognitive language skills, swallowing problems, and improve or correct disabling conditions resulting from disease or injury. Therapists are expected to be highly motivated, dedicated, compassionate professionals to all our clients customers.
- Contributes to the overall performance in attaining the four following results: High quality care, Provider of choice, Employer of choice, Financial success
- Screens and evaluates new residents/patients/clients, and documents results in medical record for all programs as per department policy and procedures.
- Completes annual and consultative evaluations and documents results in medical record.
- Establishes functional goals and treatment plans that are individualized and resident specific.
- Treats residents/patients/clients as needed to progress toward measurable objective goals and maximal functional potential. Modifies treatment plans based on each resident's response to therapy.
- Evaluates the needs of residents for special equipment, including assisted listening devices, communication boards and feeding equipment. Dispenses adaptive/assistive equipment as appropriate, with inservice to Nursing staff or caregiver as needed.
- Completes documentation of patient progress using evaluation, daily notes, weekly notes, care plans, consults, nursing inservice, d/c notes, monthly statistics, and other forms as required and/or assigned.
- Participates in resident and family care conferences, restraint rounds, inservices, staff meetings and other meetings as appropriate.
- Participates in the education of students as assigned.
- Provides inservices to residents, family, ancillary staff and other caregivers in procedures such as compensatory strategies for communication, safety in swallowing and the use of assisted listening devices.
- Assists in care and maintenance of department equipment. Reports the need for adjustment, repair or replacement to supervisor.
- Maintains an orderly and neat therapy area and complies with Center's and department's safety and infection control procedures.
- Attends at least one approved continuing education course per year. (Attendance will not be mandatory until such time that the Therapist is eligible for reimbursement from the 1199 Training and Upgrading Fund.)
- Provides at lest one department inservice per year.
- Within the scope of their knowledge, shows a willingness to work with new staff by answering clinical and/or procedural questions.
- Assists the Director of Rehabilitation in the distribution of the work of the Speech Therapy staff.
- Represents the Speech Language Pathology Department at clinical meetings as assigned.
- In conjunction with the Director of Rehabilitation, coordinates student program.
- Other responsibilites as assigned.
Master's Degree required plus 2 yrs experience.
Computer skills; ablility to learn various software programs; excellent time management skills; excellent communication skills (oral and written); critical thinking and problem solving skills using logic and reasoning.
Street: ArchCare at Terence Cardinal Cooke
Shift Start Time: 8:00 AM
Shift End Time: 4:00 PM