Dow Jones & Co. Senior Data Analyst in New York, New York
Dow Jones & Co.
Job Function Data/Content
Job Locations USA - NY-NEW YORK
Company Overview:Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Job Description:What do we do?Dow Jones provides news and business information to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. It has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news-gathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. Its leading publications and products include the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSourceeAudience Development is an integral and growing part of our journalism, and plays a vital role in both developing new audiences in a changing landscape for publishers, and providing detailed insights on our existing audience/s to optimize retention and reach of our brands.Who is my manager?Head of Audience DevelopmentWhat are my accountabilities?
- To provide detailed analysis & understanding of our audiences across an array of news products.
- To translate search, social and referral data into actionable insights for key stakeholders, including editorial, marketing, and product.
- To perform audience analysis across an array of analytics platforms (Parse.ly, Omniture, Facebook Insights, Google Search Console), and competitive research tools.
- To coordinate A/B testing for strong growth areas of our products.
- To work with stakeholders and suppliers to share knowledge of audience development best practices, and to clearly communicate priorities.
- To train key operational partners on self-service analytics platforms.
What do you need from me?Experience working within a data team for a media organization is preferred.
- 2+ years experience working in a role where data analytics platforms were a central focus (Adobe Analytics/Omniture, Google Analytics).
- Understanding of referral channels such as search engines, social media, referral, direct and emails.
- Strong attention to detail, specifically around data validation, reporting and stakeholder communication.
Proven ability to train and communicate knowledge of data analysis to others clearly Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple data tasks at a given time Innovative problem solving in a fast-paced environment Strong passion for the news sectors we operate in
Equal Opportunity Employer:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets