Riverbed Technology, Inc. Professional Services Sales Executive - NYC or Boston in New York, New York
Position: Professional Services Sales Executive
Location: New York Metro or Boston
Riverbed is about changing the rules. Forget about how things work today – join us as we solve the problems of the future. Do you thrive on change? Do you like the constant challenge of the new? Do you value simplicity? Our intelligent insights and hard work makes things easy for our customers so we can enable them to serve their customers. Can you help us deliver technology without disruptions – technology that just works?
Riverbed Technology is the leader in application performance infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for location-independent computing. Location-independent computing turns location and distance into a competitive advantage by giving IT the flexibility to host applications and data in the most optimal locations while ensuring applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues are detected and fixed before end users notice. Riverbed’s 24,000+ customers include 97% of the Fortune 100 and 95% of the Forbes Global 100.
Riverbed is seeking a Senior Professional Services Sales Specialist to join our team immediately. You would be joining one of the fastest growing departments within Riverbed with significant potential for growth. The successful candidate must have a strong understanding of solution selling involving Professional Services that is tied to a company’s product. The successful candidate will be responsible for selling Riverbed’s training, consulting or other professional services with a primary job function of generating professional services and training business by nurturing leads and working as part of a sales team to close sales opportunities.
Networking background and experience in professional services or sales capacity is preferred. Travel is required to attend sales meetings and events throughout the covered territory.
• 6+yrs experience in a similar sales, project management or customer-facing role
• Able to develop strong internal relationships with assigned Riverbed sales teams
• In conjunction with Regional Sales Managers, Service Providers/System Integrators (SP/SI), or at times independently, able to network and develop strong business relationships with customers such that they turn to Riverbed for their Professional Services, consulting or training needs.
• Work independently or with other sales and technology resources to develop consultative customer proposals, tailoring strategy and solutions to meet the needs of Riverbed clients and prospects leveraging all aspects of Riverbed’s Professional Services and partner offerings.
• Able to create and drive a sales pipeline toward defined sales goals and regularly review sales activities with management to provide accurate revenue forecasting
• Understand, create, message and sell high value professional services and training for software solutions
• Provide support to Sales Managers and provide input regarding business development and solution expertise.
• Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, up to and including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
• Identify and develop Professional Services sales offerings to meet client needs based around Riverbed product, training and professional services capabilities
• Experience with network technologies including WireShark & Packet Analysis and Network Performance Monitoring tools such as NetScout, SolarWinds, Netcool, Openview, etc. is a plus
• Background in core networking concepts such as routing and switching, with experience with routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, etc) in Lan and Wan environments.
• Self-motivated and able operate under little supervision
• Excellent business writing and presentation skills
• Professionalism appropriate for working with Fortune 500 clients
• Passion for assisting coworkers and contributing to a fun, world-class PS team
• Selling experience within similar industries and/or similar products
• Understands and applies program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure realistic service offerings are sold
• Understands and can execute sales corporate sales strategies
• This position allows you to work from home or the nearest Riverbed office when you are not traveling.
*Must be able to travel to NYC on a regular basis.
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you’re a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion-dollar-plus San Francisco-based company, then you should consider Riverbed. If you want to rapidly develop your career with a company that is also a great place to work, Riverbed should be at the top of your list. Riverbed recently won recognition from two of the most well reputed barometers of the work environment. We are the Glassdoor “Employees’ Choice” award winner as one of the top places to work, ranking #17 overall and #9 among technology companies. Additionally, we’ve been recognized with a Sloan award for work-life balance, which underscores our core values at Riverbed. If you can add to our collective talent and unique culture, then this job might be right for you!
Additional information about Riverbed (NASDAQ : RVBD ) is available at www.riverbed.com. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.
Req No.: 2016-3513