Godiva Chocolatier, Inc. Procurement Manager Global Store Development in New York, New York
Godiva Chocolatier is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veterans
Job Locations US - NY - New York
Area of Interest Procurement
Overview: Who we are today
Godiva is broadly recognized as the worldwide leader in super premium chocolates, through over 600 retail stores, 40,000 points of sale and over 800 Travel retail points of sale in more than 80 countries. Godiva's commitment to excellence is also apparent in its Gold Ballotin Collection and seasonal packaging which have earned Godiva a global reputation for design excellence. Godiva manufactures and markets a broad portfolio of indulgent products, including boxed premium chocolates, small chocolate treats, dipped fruit, biscuits/cookies, coffee/cocoa, blended chilled beverages and other premium chocolate products all bearing the Godiva name. Godiva has recently taken meaningful and successful steps to broaden its portfolio beyond chocolate gifting into the high growth, self-consumption and home entertainment/sharing segments of the marketplace across the Globe. Godiva products are manufactured in Brussels, Belgium and Reading, PA and select co-manufacturing locations globally. The company has approximately 5,000 employees around the world.
If you love our brand, are a chocolate lover and are passionate about making a difference for a global company please consider a career with us. We are looking for people who love taking initiative and becoming part of a fast moving company.PURPOSEDrive global procurement objectives within Store Development CategorySupport regional business and financial objectives within Retail/Wholesale Store DevelopmentSupport execution of regional Retail Construction strategyStrategic sourcing and category management for global store development spendSupplier relationship and performance managementCompliance and risk managementWORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to: Director North America Procurement
Key Peers: Procurement Manager Ingredients, Procurement Manager Packaging and Senior Procurement Manager Indirect.Responsibilities: 1. Collaborate withstakeholders to establish objectives and productivity initiatives for global strategic categories including Wholesale/Retail Store Development, Retail Construction and Visual Merchandising.
2. Develop and implement category management methodologies within focused categories.
3. Enhance supplier relationship and supplier performance management process within focused categories.
4. Drive the strategic sourcing process, develop category sourcing strategies and lead cross-functional teams.
5. Develop a global supply chain for iconic pieces, fixtures and equipment.
6. Provide governance and management of 3rd party procurement service supplier for outsourced sourcing projects.
7. Perform global and regional benchmark analysis for focused categories.8. Effectively communicate and manage process change within stakeholders groups and Senior Management.9. Implement global savings tracking methodology and monitor savings tracking working closely with Finance.10. Drive innovation and best practices within strategic categories.11. Develop contract negotiation strategies and execute contracts working closely with legal.12. Manage the procure-to-pay process to ensure compliance with the global procurement policy and internal audit requirements.13. Create eSourcing and eAuction events within focused categories.Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
• B.S. / B.A. degree in Business (or other related degree programs)
• MBA or other relevant certification (CPSM, Six Sigma, etc.) strongly preferred.
• An undergraduate degree preferably in supply chain, procurement or finance.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience (i.e. procurement, strategic sourcing, purchasing, consulting).Specialized Knowledge
Technical knowledge and expertise within store development, retail construction and visual merchandising categories is required. Strong global sourcing capabilities is required.Preferred qualifications:
• Analytical, influencing, facilitating, team-building, strategic thinking, solution oriented, process-driven, people management
• Broad category expertise
• Ability to influence key stakeholders toward sustainable change even when faced with ambiguity
• Strong leadership, people management, analytical, project management, problem solving and organizational agility skills
• Ability to execute under time sensitive deadlines and work effectively dynamic environment
• Strategic Sourcing and category management experience with a multinational company beneficial
• Demonstrated success of leading project teams to achieving quantifiable savings by applying sourcing methods.
• Highly self-motivated with the ability to drive change in a decentralized organization.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong negotiation and contract management experience.
• Coaching and developing teams to optimal results.
• PC Proficiency in Microsoft applications; proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
• Strong familiarity with technology such as eProcurement, eSourcing, contract management, etc.Working Conditions:
• Working in a dynamic office environment
• Travel to Wyomissing, PA office and Wholesale/Retail Store locations
• Domestic and international travel to suppliers manufacturing sitesDisclaimer
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.Godiva appreciates your interest and consideration of our company. We regret that we will not be able to respond to every resume submission. Only those candidates who best meet our needs shall be contacted. Again, thank you for your consideration.Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.