Acacia Network Operations Supervisor, Women's Residential Program in New York, New York
Acacia Network is a progressive non-profit organization servicing communities across New York State. Its mission is to partner with communities, lead change, and promote healthy and prosperous individuals and families. Acacia Network offers an array of community-based services, including Primary Care, Behavioral Health, Housing, and Education.
Our Greenhope division is currently seeking an Operations Aide to join the team.
The staff provides overall supervision and support in the program elements to ensure the timely execution of facility schedule, safety, and client living/services. Provide supervision of operation aide staff. The manager must have knowledge of working with women, substance abuse and the criminal justice population preferred. The position requires an individual who consistently work to improve the activities of daily living skills of clients, ensure to the residential program is running as well as it possibly can, with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of clients and staff; liaison with other team members, including interacting with managers of different areas of the organization, presenting findings to stakeholders and higher management as well as training and supervising new employees and tracking and measuring inventory. The operations manager must have excellent customer service skills and able to develop internal and external resources and customer relationships. Nurture partnerships, inspire others, and engender trust.
*Key Essential Responsibilities Include: *
- Supervise operation aides and receptionist.
- Coordinate and verify client movement with operations aides and counseling staff.
- Ensure clients participate in chores. Work with operation aides to provide client work assignments.
- Work with staff to coordinate client activities of daily living needs.
- Documents status of facility in communication log book.
- Monitor client conduct and overall behavior during tour of duty.
- Coordinate with admissions and residential director client room changes, group room assignments and lounge activities.
- Assist with conducting searches for contraband according to established organizational policy.
- Conduct inventory of supplies – linen, toiletries, clothing, etc.
- Assist with new client orientation to the facility.
- Ensure WAM (Walking Around Money) and MetroCards are properly received and distributed.
- Coordinate client work activities including assigning chores and working with floor captains.
- Assist with rounds on an hourly basis to assess clients conduct plus ensure the ongoing safety and cleanliness of the facility. Report any room needs to facilities manager through a work order.
- Conduct weekly meeting with clients to discuss housing needs.
- Ensure office supply inventory, distribution and equipment maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No employment services or agencies need respond
BA in management, counseling or similar
Two years of experience in Substance Abuse/Mental Health field working with women and supervising.
Excellent organizational, reporting, recordkeeping skills.
Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines.
Ability to make decisions based on education preparation and experience, which reflect consistency with Agency philosophy, policies and procedures, standards of care and review body requirements.
Location: New York, NY
Category: Substance Abuse Services
Job Type: Full Time
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)