Interactive Data Market Development Analyst in New York, New York
Job ID 2016-2605
Posted Date 11/29/2016
ICE Data Services is a trusted leader in financial information. Thousands of financial institutions and active traders, as well as hundreds of software and service providers, subscribe to our fixed income evaluations, reference data, real-time market data, trading infrastructure services, fixed income analytics, desktop solutions and web-based solutions. ICE Data Services' offerings support clients around the world with mission-critical functions, including portfolio valuation, regulatory compliance, risk management, electronic trading and wealth management. For more information, visit www.interactivedata.com
The primary responsibility of this position will be to support the business development of Interactive Data's liquidity indicator service. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of statistics and development of new fintech products.
This is a great opportunity if you enjoy in-depth discussions about financial modeling and market trends with clients.
As a member of our dynamic and innovative team, you’ll be exposed to cutting-edge bond market analytics on a daily basis, and it will be your responsibility to gather feedback from clients that we can use to improve our offerings.
You will be responsible for performing statistical analysis on data used in client presentations, product planning, and developing prototypes and big data algorithms to support our rapidly growing service.
The candidate must possess a solid understanding of global financial markets, and in particular, a conceptual understanding of the market forces impacting financial market price movements, trading activity, and a the drivers/stressors of market liquidity.
The ideal candidate should have an understanding of fixed income, bond valuation concepts, statistical methods including regression analysis, and be able to apply these methods.
The analyst must also have very strong communication and analytical skills. Experience in a programming language (Python, Java, C+, or R) preferred. The candidate must possess the ability to respond to time-critical customer inquiries and must be able to engage with market participants on various aspects of our models and applicability of the service to suit their business needs. The flexibility to adapt to changing requirements is also essential.
- A minimum of three-to-five years of experience in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of global financial markets and awareness of market forces
- Experience with the fixed income marketplace, with a focus on valuation concepts
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in practical applications of statistical analysis
- Ability to work under stringent time constraints, multi-task and prioritize workload
- Independent self-starter, while being a team player with the willingness to take direction from management
- Capable of working the hours necessary to achieve daily objectives
- Monitoring market conditions to assess potential impact on our market liquidity assessment process
- Building strong relationships with market participants, clients, and customer service
- Ability to facilitate superior market participant relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Preference towards proficiency in coding capabilities on applications such as Python, Java, or VBA
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability
Trust is Confidence, Transparency is Clarity, Risk is Everywhere, Speed is Advantage, and Wealth is Opportunity.
ICE Data Service's Talent Acquisition 855-432-7984