Brooklyn Brew Shop Holiday Market Staff // Part-Time in New York, New York
Are you an outgoing, beer-loving people person? Brooklyn Brew Shop is looking for part-time salespeople for the very busy (and fun!) Union Square Holiday Market this November & December.
We are looking for super responsible, beer-loving individuals who are comfortable being on their feet all day, actively engaging people and bringing them to our booth. Basic brewing knowledge is a huge help. Bonus points if you've actually brewed with one of our Beer Making Kits before!
The market is open everyday from November 17th through Christmas Eve, weekday, evening and weekend shifts are available.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A great attitude and love to interact with people • Retail sales or counter-work experience • Basic beer brewing knowledge and a love of craft beer
• Interact with customers and keep them engaged in a very busy outdoor market environment.
• Maintain inventory levels of products and supplies at the booth.
• Keep the booth looking tidy and inviting.
• Be excited about answering questions about beer making.
• Process both cash and debit orders using an iPad-based interface.
• Securely open and close the booth, depending on shift.
We started the Brooklyn Brew Shop out of the Brooklyn Flea in the summer of 2009 to get space-strapped New Yorkers brewing. With the idea that making beer (real beer from real ingredients) can be simple, tasty, and most important, fun, we created stylish, easy-to-use Beer Making Kits designed especially for stove-top brewing and ingredient mixes for seasonally inspired beers. Our goal is to get everyone brewing by simplifying the beer making process without dumbing it down.
Compensation is $12/hour. Please send resume, cover letter, and weekday, weekend and evening availability.