TD Bank Finance Analyst in New York, New York
Auto req ID 176001BR
Job Title Finance Analyst
Job Status Full Time
Country UNITED STATES
Province/ State New York
City New York
Location NYC - 52nd St (20th Fl)
Business Line TD Securities
Job Category - Primary Securities | Wholesale Banking
Job Category(s) Securities | Wholesale Banking
TD Description TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
Review financial information / performance data against benchmarks and reconcile any causes of variance for the business / functional area supported within well defined guidelines
Identify, recommend and implement basic finance, accounting processes and/or procedural improvements within own area of control
Handle administrative finance activities such as processing / reconciling entries, preparation of files, correction of transactions, etc.
Provide accurate and thorough analysis for own area and identify and refer issues / situations beyond own level of expertise
Contribute to the operational efficiency of the department by completing routine processes accurately and on time
Perform regular / routine processing functions such as month-end procedures, account reconciliations, projections, running queries and reports, variance analysis, suspense and error resolution and setup and maintenance of transactions / entries where applicable
Adhere to internal policies / procedures and applicable regulatory guidelines
Assist in identifying potential opportunities for process improvements / automation within own area
Contribute to the execution or delivery of financial and/or special initiatives and programs as assigned
Keep current on emerging issues and industry trends for the Business / Finance area being supported
Coordinate and/or consolidate financial information needs / requests
Understand business partner objectives and build or maintain ongoing working relationships with internal partners that effectively support Finance business / operational needs
Identify key variances and contribute to the analysis, due diligence and execution and/or implementation of potential initiatives within defined area of responsibility
Act as a key resource to the business by providing relevant and meaningful financial information / data
Understand and work towards a shared Finance vision
Participate fully as a member of the team and contribute to a positive work environment that encourages productivity, professionalism and teamwork
Ensure timely communication of problems / points of interest that are relevant to the team / management.
Support Participate in the identification of personal development needs
Adhere to established guidelines of conduct
• Support the business with consistent application of BSA/AML risk escalation, review and approval processes, KYC due diligence and policies.
• Contribute to the development, implementation and continuous improvement of programs, processes, policies and tools to meet BSA/AML requirements and industry best practices.
• Continuously develop/maintain solid knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC requirements, developments and issues within the Operations department. #LI-JH2
This individual will also prepare various monthly reports for the home office.
The candidate should have the ability to understand standard accounting practices, the Firm’s general ledger and financial reporting structure. He/she should also be able to work independently with minimal supervision, establish priorities, and possess strong communication, analytical, and problem solving skills. Management experience and solid computer skills are a must.
Ensure that financial information is both complete and accurate by:
• Support the self-insured benefits process
• Preparation /review of bank and other reconciliations investigating/clearing outstanding items
• Preparing analyse various monthly expense reports
• Maintaining the general ledger for accounts relating to employee benefits, payroll activities and allocation of benefits and other expenses
• Perform expense analysis ensuring accuracy of accounts
• Support process related to funding benefit and other HR related accounts including related recoveries with affiliates
• Support accounts payable process ensuring appropriate payment and coding of invoices as well as processing appropriate month-end accruals
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New York
City (Primary) New York