Grant Thornton LLP Cyber Risk Strategy Management Senior Manager in New York, New York
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
Cyber Risk Strategy & Management Senior Manager POSITION SUMMARY: As part of the Business Advisory Services Practice, the Cyber Risk services team has organized its solutions around three core principles that provide Alignment, Integration and Managed Outcomes for security programs. Strategy solutions are part of the Alignment set of capabilities and support the development of frameworks, methodologies and intellectual property that encourages managing information risk across the enterprise thus enabling companies to leverage processes and programs that support more informed decision making. The Cyber Risk practice leverages Strategy solutions to support all of its Cyber Risk service offerings.
Grant Thornton’s Cyber Risk Strategy capabilities include building Intellectual property that can be leveraged across all of the Cyber Risk solutions such as benchmark data, security metrics, security frameworks, methodologies and maturity models. Strategy solutions will also include developing and delivering capabilities such as policies and procedures, governance, IT asset management, risk assessment, program maturity and other related services.
The Strategy solutions senior manager will be an important thought leader and integral member of the Cyber Risk management team. The qualified applicant will be able to effectively and efficiently supervise and apply strategic Cyber Risk solution capabilities for clients across multiple industries and maturity levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support the development of new offerings, develop opportunities and manage complex Cyber Risk projects in a people-oriented and mentoring culture.
· Manage the delivery of Cyber Risk Strategy based solutions.
· Manage project metrics such as financials, utilization and budget expectations
· Develop/maintain productive relationships with client management.
· Assist with the development of training, recruiting, and staffing programs, and/or other practice-wide needs.
· Develop long-term relationships and networks.
· Generate new business opportunities, operate in a matrix environment, and work in a cross-functional team to drive $1-3 million in sales and manage projects and teams that contribute $500K to $2 million in revenue.
· Familiarity with Cyber Risk standards and models is preferred.
· Ability to communicate difficult subject matter in a clear and concise fashion is important.
· Ability to work with different delivery teams to support Strategy capabilities as part of larger projects is required.
· Ability to consider updated thinking to solve traditional security challenges is important.
· Experience with utilizing and managing offshore teams is preferred.
· Promote and implement procedures for use of specific technologies and protocols in the delivery of Strategy related solutions.
· Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence.
· Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered.
· Assist practice leadership in creating proposals, budgets, and workplans. Participate in other business development activities as appropriate.
· Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services.
· Work closely with Grant Thornton managers and partners to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 10 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function, servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred; Equivalent combination of education and demonstrated experience will be considered.
· Must have, or be willing and able to obtain, one or more of the following certifications: CISSP
· Five plus years of hands-on experience assisting clients address Cyber Risk challenges.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of various standards and guidelines that are applicable to security practices such as ISO, NIST, COBIT and others.
· Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Power Point.
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
· Ability to think strategically
· Experience working with client’s to define their vision, strategy and business objectives
· Ability to understand regulatory impacts to client strategies
· Ability to integrate regulatory requirements into frameworks, methodologies and other Strategy related capabilities
· Ability to be a high-impact player on multiple engagements
· Ability to travel on short notice and work additional hours as necessary.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.56 billion and operates 58 offices across the United States with more than 565 partners and 8,000 employees
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Cyber Risk Strategy Management Senior Manager
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 036194