FTI Consulting Consultant, Restructuring in New York, New York
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Corporate Finance:
The Corporate Finance & Restructuring ("CF&R") practice at FTI Consulting has 800+ professionals situated around the world. CF&R is a trusted partner to companies, boards of directors, investors, lenders and creditors. Our award-winning teams focus on delivering restructuring and business transformation solutions. Committed to our clients' success, our professionals address the full spectrum of financial, operational and transactional risks and opportunities. Among our core strengths is providing expertise in guiding companies through the value creation lifecycle.
Our targeted offerings include restructuring, insolvency, litigation support, interim management, capital market advisory, post-acquisition integration, valuation, tax advisory as well as financial management and performance improvement solutions. Our clients demand our industry expertise, which includes emphasis in the energy, healthcare, real estate, retail and consumer products, and telecom, media and technology sectors. Our Corporate Finance & Restructuring services are delivered through a global network of 47 offices in 14 countries situated in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and North America.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and helping shape its future, read on.
* Reviewing work product, financial statements, models and reports for accuracy and completeness; conducting discussions with clients about status and results of work performed; preparing and reviewing work plans; ensuring assignments are carried out within scope, budgeted time and delivery commitments;
* Following progress of engagement, updating Directors, Senior Directors, Managing Directors and Senior Managing Directors; helping resolve analytical and technical problems as they arise; prepare work product
* Applying business, economics, finance, accounting and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines (e.g. financial modeling, ratio and comparable company analysis, review/analysis of financial statements and projections, assessing business plans, conducting due diligence, etc.)
* Preparing complex cash flow projections to model business processes or actual or hypothetical transactions
* Understanding, synthesizing and analyzing large amounts of data associated with complex restructuring, due diligence and litigation cases. Provide relevant analysis and summaries for interested parties including clients, FTI management or attorneys
* Providing technical expertise and experience at an advanced level; participate in managing client relationships, client service and practice management
* Assisting in developing business strategies for turnaround and profitability improvement
* Identifying and developing opportunities to enhance relationships with existing clients/contact. Identify possible sources of new business
* Delivering presentations on the spectrum of services to potential clients
* Demonstrating support in advancing company and segment objectives of profitability, professionalism and teamwork with staff and clients
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related field
* Minimum of 0-3 years of experience within accounting/finance, restructuring or related field, demonstrating strong knowledge of business, corporate finance, and accounting principles
* Master's Degree, CPA or CIRA
* Ability to travel 80-100%.
* Experience with bankruptcy processes and procedures, restructuring troubled companies or related financial, analytical experience
* Proficient use and analysis of computer models and development of dynamic spreadsheet applications
* Familiarity with Internet-based financial research resources for corporate information, SEC filings, competitive data, et
* Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
* Excellent communication (written and verbal), mathematical and organizational skills
* General knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles and terminology
* Self-starter with the ability to work in fast-paced, multitasking environment
* Superior interpersonal, communication, project management and organizational skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO