PNC ALM Director / ALM Managing Director I in New York, New York
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
10E002 ALM Director/ALM MD I
As an ALM Director/ALM MD, this role will execute and lead business strategy, process improvements, and may perform activities related to regulatory requirements. Performs financial analysis and portfolio level analysis, conducts research, and prepares and delivers presentations. May participate in stress testing efforts.
Utilizes a working knowledge of financial instruments and research to contribute in the decision making process for the bank's investment portfolio, balance sheet or liquidity and capital planning. Consults with the business and senior management on relevant regulations.
Oversees and manages projects and analytics/stress testing deliverables which could include creation, maintenance and utilization of management reports to help the group meet their goals and directives. Interacts with internal/external service partners, including broker/dealers and/or analytics providers, senior team members and leverages their knowledge.
May provide input into business decisions, procedures and requirements.
May be involved in execution of business strategy, process improvement and responses. May also be responsible to present recommendations to management and key stakeholders.
NY - New York
ALM Director / ALM Managing Director I
Line of Business:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
NY - New York
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, or PhD is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8 + years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Extensive Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Leads Effective Change - Working Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Job Specific Competencies:
Asset and Liability Management (ALM) - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of asset and liability tools, techniques and business practices; ability to manage, measure, and monitor risks associated with assets and liabilities.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Market Risk - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of processes, tools, and techniques used for analyzing market risk; ability to assess and manage investment exposures to market risk.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Portfolio Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the tools, techniques, and acceptable business practices associated with managing a client's securities investments.
Pricing Models and Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of pricing tools, techniques and methods; ability to assess analytical and pricing models through the use of statistical principles.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
As a Director or Managing Director within our Asset & Liability Management group of PNC, you will be located in New York, NY.
The Director/Managing Director will be a key contributor to a front-office buy-side CIO team that manages a broad portfolio of fixed income assets and derivative products. In particular, the individual will take on modeling and portfolio analytics responsibilities centering primarily on mortgage related products.
Background in advanced modeling and statistics is required.
Thorough knowledge of residential agency mortgage market, mortgage rate modeling, mortgage prepayment and credit modeling, and valuation is required.
Capability in handling large loan level datasets is required.
Expertise in statistics is required.
Experience with model validation is preferred.
Deep understanding Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSR) cash flow modeling is preferred.
Understanding of option pricing theory is required.
Knowledge of interest rate term structure models is preferred.
Very strong understanding of mortgage market dynamics, economics, statistics, and hands on quantitative modeling capability and experience are required.
Hands on programming experience in SAS, R, SQL, Python or C++ is required.