Federal Reserve Bank Cyber Security Risk Assessor - The National Incident Response Team (NIRT) – Federal Reserve in New York City, New York
Who We Are:
The Federal Reserve System (FRS) provides the United States with a safe, flexible, and stable monetary and financial systems. The National Incident Response Team (NIRT) is a national service provider for the Federal Reserve System. It delivers an effective and efficient array of security services including intrusion detection, incident response, security intelligence, threat assessments, and vulnerability assessments. The mission of NIRT’s Security Control Assessment (SCA) team, and where this Cyber Security Risk Assessor position exists, is to provide an independent, NIST-based risk assessment service as a part of the United States’ Federal Reserve System (FRS) risk management framework. The SCA team focuses on the identification of cyber security risks within FRS’ enterprise systems and environments through a standardized assessment process.
What You Will Do:
As a Cyber Security Risk Assessor for NIRT’s SCA team, she or he will coordinate, lead, manage, and execute internal and outsourced Security Control Assessments (SCA) on Federal Reserve’s information systems and applications. The ideal candidate for this role will have the ability to blend and utilize their technical, organizational, business, and cyber security skill-sets.
What We Are Looking For in Candidates:
- 3 years of experience in the security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications, and network protocols.
- Experience with risk-based control assessment methodologies.
- CISSP certified or the ability to work towards obtaining the certification.
- Strong project management skills with experience managing a portfolio of assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and to work in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Develop Security Assessment Reports and communicate/present those results to FRS customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent consultative skills and the proven ability to work effectively with business partners, internal management and staff, vendors and consultants.
- Proven ability to communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical business partners.
- Lead and/or assist in cyber security related projects and initiatives.
Act as risk assessment Subject Matter Expert for the FRS.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills (Plus Required Qualifications and Skills above):
5 years of experience in the security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications, and network protocols.
- Familiarity with FISMA, FedRAMP, and the NIST 800 special publications.
- Experience with MS Project or other project management tools.
- CCSK/CCSP, PMP and/or CISA certifications.
- Knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of the Federal Reserve’s IT organizations, National Information Technology Operations (NITOs), and other FRS support organizations.
Broad understanding of the FRS’ businesses and business goals.
Must be a current United States Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a National Security Clearance.
Bachelor degree in Information Technology/Computer Science/MIS, or related disciplines and/or equivalent work experience.
Great location – New York City, NY, East Rutherford, NJ, Richmond, VA or Dallas, TX
- Cutting edge technologies to use in daily work.
- Ability to telecommute frequently.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Great benefits (Healthcare Options, Employer matching 6% of your 401K contributions, Pension Plan).
- Multiple growth opportunities within the National Incident Response Team.
- Tangible and impactful mission.
- Professional development, training and conferences, are strongly supported.
- Great team of security professionals who are passionate, respectful, and driven to excellence
/ The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service. /
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of New York
Title: Cyber Security Risk Assessor - The National Incident Response Team (NIRT) – Federal Reserve
Location: NY-New York City
Requisition ID: 248209