Barclays AVP Finance PC _Equities Trading in New York City, New York
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide . Please visit our website here for more information.
The Finance department plays a fundamental role in supporting the firm’s business areas by providing high-quality reporting and accounting services. The strong control environment in which we operate is at the core of everything we do and is instrumental in the flawless execution of our services. We have the critical role of being responsible for the integrity of the financial records for Barclays.
Overall purpose of role: The US Equity Product Control Group performs the following functions:
P&L / Balance Sheet Reporting:
· Produce and analyse effective risk-based explains.
· Ensure accuracy of downstream processes, including accounting and control responsibilities.
· Ensure PnL and Risk moves are fully understood, explained and reported to appropriate levels.
· Review and report on new deal activity and its impact on the P&L and banks risk profile.
· Assist the Front Office with respect to representing complex deals in the P&L/risk reporting systems and review for accuracy.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
Key specific accountabilities.
· PNL Production and analysis involves interacting with FO, trading COO’s, Finance colleagues and middle office in completing the formalization of PNL in a timely controlled fashion.
· Be a central point of contact with the business on all control related issues with respect to revenue reporting, daily/monthly controls.
· PNL Attribution and Commentary. Ensure the completion of quality pnl commentary that explains the revenue drivers of the desk, supported by front to back data. Should have or develop a strong understanding of Equity Option Greeks and strategies in order to do this effectively. .
· Month End Close: Learn and understand the balance sheet accounting for an equity derivatives business. Close books and substantiate balance sheet.
· Project Work:
· Participate in the US Equity Roadmap infrastructure or regulatory projects that involve Finance
· Book Hierarchy review and remapping in line with firm best practice.
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
· Financial or Quantitative Undergraduate Degree
· 3 years of Product Control experience
· 3 years accounting experience
· 2 years Microsoft Office experience
· 2 years derivative product knowledge
· Equities knowledge preferred (Greeks)
· A proven team leader
· Good communication skills
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: AVP Finance PC _Equities Trading
Location: New York-New York City
Requisition ID: *90102163