Louisiana Department of State Civil Service Payroll Coordinator in New Orleans, Louisiana
Depends on Qualifications
Depends on Qualifications
New Orleans, LA
New Orleans, LA
University of New Orleans
10/24/2016 11:59 PM Central
POSITION #: 2463
20% - Salary Reallocation Process
• Responds to information requests concerning payroll expenditure and ledger entries. Verifies the processing of personnel action forms which affect Change in Source of salary distributions.
• Prepares journal entries and Salary Reallocation entries for transfers of employee payroll cost between departments and other entries for all payrolls as necessary.
• Researches payroll expenditures that default to clearing accounts due to account number problems with expired funding dates of grant accounts or invalid account coding.
• Coordinates the preparation of journal entries at fiscal year-end to accrue expenditures in the current fiscal year. Also, prepares and audits the corresponding reversing entries that go into the new fiscal year.
20% - Payroll Leave Certification
• Initiates Leave Certification process for all Academic and Non-classified/Non-Academic employees and creates monthly reconciliation reports.
• Maintain monthly certification records to be reviewed by Internal and Legislative auditors. Assists auditors with compiling certification records for audit.
• Responsible for ad hoc certification reports required by management or external sources.
• Train University personnel in the proper procedures for processing certification forms, answer all inquiries regarding leave certification and instruct employees without email on how to obtain an email address
20% - Payroll Journal Distribution and Liability Account Reconciliation:
• Assist Payroll Manager in the reconciliation of payroll report totals to actual expenditures.
• Reviews variances to insure that charges have been properly distributed.
• Reconciles payroll liability and payroll clearing accounts.
• Reviews reconciling items to determine if and what additional actions are necessary.
15% - Payroll Processing
• Assists Assistant Payroll Manager, Accounting Tech and Accountant II in the processing of all University payrolls (Academic, Fiscal, Biweekly, Student & Wage)
• Serves as the backup payroll processor
15% - Monitors the Payroll Departmental Mailbox:
• Review incoming mail and distribute to appropriate payroll personnel.
• Review all personnel action forms (101, UNO-1, Form6) and disseminates to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
• Review and responds to requests for W-2 and pay advice reprints.
10% - Administrative duties:
• Create purchase requisitions for supplies and services.
• Scheduling equipment maintenance and repair.
• Maintains record storage room and supervises filing duties assigned to student workers.
• Coordinates W2 distribution and reprints.
Other duties as assigned by the Payroll Manager
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline with a minimum of three years of professional work experience. Proficient use of personal computers. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Access. Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work effectively under pressure and with others. Creative thinking, tact and ability to handle a multitude of situations.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Advanced Degree. Professional level payroll work experience. Experience with Peoplesoft HRM/Payroll system.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please complete the application through this website. Please also attach 3 letters of recommendation to the application.
DATE POSTED: October 7, 2016
CLOSING DATE: Position will remain open until filled. To assure full consideration, applications should be received by October 24, 2016.
All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to retirement status and without regard to an applicant's having previously accused the UL System Board or any of its universities of unlawful discrimination. Retirement status shall not be considered in the hiring process by any University in the UL System.
The University of New Orleans is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, ethnic minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.