Riverside Community Care Outreach / Therapeutic Mentor in Needham, Massachusetts
Division: Child and Family Services
Location: Needham, MA
Exciting opportunity for an Outreach/Therapeutic Mentor to join Riverside Community Care!
The Outreach/Therapeutic Mentor provides safe, therapeutic, skill based interventions and activities for youth and families, within the home and community, to help improve social, emotional, and family functioning.
The Outreach/Therapeutic Mentor:
- provides structured, one to one, strength based support services with youth for purpose of addressing daily living, coaching, and training around age appropriate behaviors, interpersonal communication problem solving and conflict resolution and relating appropriately to other children and adults
- plans and provides supportive, safe activities of varying type and functional level in response to identified needs of youth and families in the program
- assumes primary responsibility for planning and implementation of youth support/ mentoring services for assigned cases in collaboration and direct line of treatment team and goals
- closely coordinates outreach and support activities with assigned clinicians working with the youth and families involved
- works in close collaboration and under the Masters Level IHT Clinician to support implementation of treatment plan to assist the youth and family in achieving agreed upon goals
- assists the clinician in implementing the therapeutic objectives designed to address the youths mental health, behavioral and emotional needs
- directs and assists youth to understand, direct, interpret, manage, and control feelings and emotional responses to situation and to assist the family to address the youth emotional and mental health needs
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and car
- Bachelors Degree in mental health related discipline preferred
- (1) year experience working with youth or, Associate Degree in Human Services field
- and one (1) year experience working with youth or, High School Diploma or GED and minimum of two (2) years of experience working with youth.
- Six months to a year experience working with children and/or adolescents with emotional difficulties and their families.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Portuguese, Nepali, Haitian Creole or ASL preferred
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
Tracking Code: 837-709
Job Location: Needham, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular