HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatric Transport - FT Nights in Nashville, Tennessee
_TriStar Centennial Medical Center – Nashville, TN_ _ _ _$5,000 Sign-On Bonus - 6 months Peds Critical Care exp required - Current HCA employees not eligible__ _
_RN (Registered Nurse) Pediatric Transport_ __ Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
Centennial Medical Centeris currently looking for a_RN (Registered Nurse) Pediatric Transport_ __ _Responsibilities:_ Perform all duties stated in Registered Nurse job descriptions. Provide care to infants from birth to pediatric patients prior to their 18th birthday, or older if they have a medical/surgical problem, followed or treated by a pediatric specialist. Provide total patient care during inter-hospital transports. Perform delegated medical functions within the parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, policies and procedures and protocols. Initiate emergency protocols independently following PALS. Collaborate with the Medical Control Physician and referral staff to develop an individualized plan of care for the patient. Facilitate the transfer of patient care from the transport environment to the accepting unit or area.
· This position is working equally inside the facility as well as outside the facility. · Stabilization and care during transport of ill or injured pediatric patients. · Perform and document complex assessments, interventions and evaluations on any transport patient. · Prioritizes problems. · Maintains advanced skill requirements by performing and documenting the minimum requirements listed in the annual competency assessment. · Contributes to the education of self and others by completing the education requirements, as assigned: · Provides respiratory support of transport patients, including the determination of oxygen requirements, the use of aerosol medications, and the need for ventilatory assistance. · Independently initiates PALS emergency guidelines as determined by patient condition. · Attend to the psychosocial aspects of the patient and family. · Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions. · Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records. · Record patients' medical information and vital signs. · Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition. · Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions. · Direct or supervise less-skilled nursing or healthcare personnel or supervise a particular unit. · Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans. · Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity. · Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, or childbirth and develop health improvement programs. · Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments. · Prepare education patient on discharge instructions. · Setup / monitor / titrate IV drips including sedation, neuromuscular blockade, and vasopressors · Setup / monitor invasive monitoring systems including arterial and central lines, and ICP monitoring systems. · Participate in Pediatric Code Blue and Pediatric Rapid Response team. · Supports the facility’s Standards of Performance and ICARE values.**
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- Minimum of 2 years experience.
- Pediatric ER or PICU experience required.
- Transport experience preferred.
- RN license
- PALS, BLS required. CCRN, ENPC preferred
- Successful completion of an individualized Transport Team orientation with all transports reviewed for first 3 months.
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatric Transport - FT Nights
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Centennial Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00001-54081