HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Neuro ICU (FT/Nights) in Nashville, Tennessee
TriStar Skyline Medical Center is Tennessee's first comprehensive stroke center and a national leader in neuroscience. The facility is equipped with 213 beds and offers a full array of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics/spine, rehabilitation and emergency services. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, TriStar Skyline is a leading provider of emergency heart care. There are more than 400 physicians on staff, many of whom have offices located right next door in the TriStar Skyline Medical Plaza.
Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served
Promotes customer service initiatives along with Skyline Medical Center Service Values. (HCAHPS)
All behaviors fully support positive customer service (HCAHPS)
Documents all patient care.
Utilized Nursing Process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
Promotes compliance with National Patient Safety Goals. Department Specific Criteria:
- Performs duties in accordance with unit specific standards of care and evidence by documentation, observation and competencies. Includes, but not limited to (2) patient identifiers (name and account number), hand off communication.
- Assessment completed within 24 hours of admission and each shift and as needed by patient condition.
- Nursing Plan of Care is developed to meet individual patient needs according to nursing standards of care/practice within 24 hours of admissions.
- Plan is updated with any change in patient condition and at least every 24 hours.
- Formulates and takes nursing actions to implement plan of care: records actions and patient response in Meditech.
- Patient/Family involvement is indicated on plan of care if appropriate.
- Patient teaching is planned and implemented.
- Delivers care with respect to the individuals spiritual and cultural needs.
- Changes in patient’s physiological and behavioral status are recognized, documented as they occur.
- Adverse response to care or treatment is recognized, documented and reported to the physician.
- Hand Off Communication occurs at shift change, between departments, upon transfer and discharge.
- Provides patient education and documentation of understanding regarding tests, procedures, equipment and medications.
- Manages pain through assessment (with appropriate pain scale) intervention, re-assessment within one hour of intervention.
- Orders are implemented as ordered.
- Physical and psychosocial needs are met for an assigned group of patients.
- Patient care is prioritized and delegated abased on patient needs.
- Provides patient care with consideration of professional ethics. Is aware of hospital ethics policy and utilized as appropriate.
- Maintains responsibility for patients assigned to LPN or Nurse Technician staff, directs actives of the LPN or Nurse Technician staff within their scope of practice.
- Delivers care in a safe and effective manner.
- Delivers medication according to policy; to include eMAR scanning where available and Medication Reconciliation.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding safety and precautions, uses all safety devices and processes.
- Participates in process improvement activity standards.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality and privacy; HIPAA.
Current Registered Nurse license in Tennessee or appropriate compact state
Appropriate communication skills Emergency Department CCU/ Neuro ICU Inpatient Rehab Cardiac/ Nephrology Acute Pulmonary Medical Surgical Orthopedics/ Oncology Behavioral Health ACLS within 6 months of Employment ACLS FIMS within 3 months of employment ACLS ACLS ACLS ACLS BLS (required) BLS (required) BLS (required) BLS (required) BLS (required) BLS (required) BLS (required) BLS (required) HELP Critical Care Course (preferred) Critical Care Course within 1 year of employment
Basic EKG (as appropriate) Basic EKG
TNCC/CEN (preferred) CCRN (preferred
3 Day CC Course (as appropriate) Critical Care Course (preferred)
PALS within 1 year of Employment
Degree of Supervisor Required: Minimal – individual proceeds on his/her own, in compliance with policies, procedures and practice prescribed by immediate supervisor. Employees Supervised: LPN, Secretary, Techs
Physical Requirements/Hazards Lifting:
Very Frequent Work Position Percentage Lifting 0-50 lbs
Sitting 10% Carrying 0-50 lbs
Walking 50% Pushing 0-250 lbs
Standing 40% Pulling 0-250 lbs
Some = less than 33% Frequent = between 34% to 66% Very Frequent = 67% or greater Office Equipment Used: CPCS, Copier, Fax, Phone, Beeper
Hazards X Manual Dexterity (eye/hand coordination) X Use of Latex Gloves X Perform Shift Work X Exposures to toxic/caustic/chemicals/detergents X Maneuver weight of patients X Exposure to extreme conditions, hot/cold X Hear alarms/telephone/tape recorder X Exposure to dust/fumes X Walk 10 hours per day (12 hour shift) X Exposure to moving mechanical parts X Reach above shoulder X Exposure to potential electrical shock X Repetitive arm/hand movements X Exposure to X-ray/electromagnetic energy X Finger Dexterity X Exposure to high pitched noises X Color Vision X Exposure to communicable diseases X Acuity – Far X Blood Born Pathogen X Acuity – Near X Gaseous Risk Exposure X Depth Perception X Use of a fitted respirator X On Call
I. JOB KNOWLEDGE / PRODUCTIVITY 1. Completes work within acceptable time limits. 2. Uses time wisely during shift. 3. Demonstrates the ability to set priorities. 4. Is able to perform several tasks simultaneously during peak workload situations. 5. Ensures accuracy and completeness of work performed. 6. Maintains a clean organized work area. 7. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures in performing job duties. 8. Uses policy and procedure manual and other reference material when necessary to ensure proper course of action. 9. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices emergency procedures, and personal protective equipment to protect from exposure to chemical, radiation, and infectious hazards. 10. Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions. 11. Follows through with assignments and lets immediate supervisor know if unable to complete task.
II. COMMUNICATION / CUSTOMER SERVICE 1. Interacts and communicates with fellow employees in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working environment. 2. Listens to constructive criticism in a productive manner. 3. Demonstrates a willingness and ability to assist others. 4. Responds to supervisor's requests for information and assistance in a courteous manner and within time frame dictated by supervisor. 5. Displays courteous behavior to customers and guests. 6. Implements customer service. 7. Meets all the hospital quality initiatives as it applies
III. DEPENDABILITY / INITIATIVE 1 . Performs duties in an independent manner 2 . Reports to supervisor any suggestions for positive change or recommendations to department policies and procedures 3 . Recognizes duties to be performed although not directly assigned 4 . Demonstrates enthusiasm and self-motivation in performing job duties 5 . Willing to adjust personal schedule in case of workload fluctuations or other departmental/hospital needs 6 . In light work situations, consults supervisor for additional assignments or independently seeks tasks needed to be done. 7 . Exhibits willingness to master new work routines and methods
IV. EDUCATION / DEVELOPMENT 1. Learns new procedures and protocols. 2. Consults or reviews written protocols to clarify uncertain aspects 3. Completes annual mandatory in-service requirements. 4. Attends department meetings and in-service training programs to remain up-to-date and signs minutes of staff meetings when unable to attend. 5. Assumes responsibility for on-going professional development. 6. Completes needs assessment annually.
V. HOSPITAL / DEPARTMENTAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES 1 . Accepts and supports changes in hospital and departmental policy. 2 . Competent as appropriate to responsibilities in the knowledge of the prevention of contamination and transfer of infection and safety policies 3 . Competent in the effective and safe use of all equipment 4 . Observes hospital mission statement, philosophy, goals and objectives including meeting all Code of Conduct requirements 5 . Performs all other duties as assigned
- Follows all hospital and departmental policies and procedures. This is not necessarily an extensive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments). I have reviewed these job requirements and verify that I can perform all essential functions of this position.
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Neuro ICU (FT/Nights)
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Skyline Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06020-52122