HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Assistant - Organ Transplant - (FT Days) in Nashville, Tennessee
Will perform diversified clinical and administrative support duties in the outpatient setting for the transplant program director and the transplant nursing staff. Functions as an integral part of the transplant team, ensuring that proper assistance is provided to nursing staff so the patients are moved through the different phases of transplant care in an effective and efficient manner. Communicates effectively and professionally with transplant team, physicians, surgeons, patients, families, and other departments.
- Performs routine technical and administrative duties in caring for outpatient clinic patients as directed by the Registered Nurse and is able to demonstrate appropriate skills and/or competencies.
- Screens and collects data from patients, including patient histories. Assists with patient clinic discharge preparations as instructed by RN. Reports and documents pertinent information such as vital signs, weights, etc.
- Schedules evaluation and re-evaluation testing appointments for pre-transplant patients. • Assists with transplant education classes • Assists Pre-Transplant coordinators with the required tests which include diagnostic tests and physician consultations • Communicates to patients confirming appointments both verbally and in written format. • Follows up with hospital and physician offices to gather results. • Collects diagnostic test results for chart • Communicates the results to Pre-Transplant Coordinators
- Assists Nurse in preparation for clinic • Conducts chart preparation. • Rooms Patient, and take vitals. • Enters pertinent data in the transplant database and/or chart. • Collects and records vital signs. • Reviews the medication sheet with patient before seeing physician. • Cleans rooms. • Assists patients with mobility issues with discharge from clinic.
- Conducts intakes/inquiries for potential transplant recipients and living donors. • This involves capturing demographic information and performing a basic telephone medical screen. • Create patient chart and request medical and insurance records from the dialysis units
- Calls and/or faxes prescription refills to the pharmacy following office protocols and/or after approval from physician.
- Must be able to work in fast paced and customer service-oriented environment.
- Communicates effectively and professionally to all customers and transplant team.
- Must be able to perform duties independently and meet deadlines as directed by transplant coordinator or management as indicated above.
- Must be able to complete assignments independently and to be able to work as part of a team;
- to take instructions from supervisors, to exercise problem-solving skills and to interact with
- all customers, including coworkers, in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Displays punctuality and meets attendance requirements of the department/organization.
- Assists in the development and/or update of policies and procedures for the Transplant Program.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and records at all times
Other duties as assigned.
Certified Nurse Aide or Medical Assistant Certification
- 1-2 years in the medical field as a Medical Assistant or Certified Nurse Aide required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, computer skills and medical experience preferred.
- Computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal /communication skills
- Continually seeks to understand and act upon customer needs, concerns and priorities. Is responsive to the special needs of the patients, transplant team and other hospital departments.
- Has the ability to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Applies the hospital and transplant clinic policies and procedures to daily work functions.
- Functions within a team and participates and contributes constructively to meetings to produce results in a cooperative effort.
- Demonstrate TCMC’s ICARE values at all times.
Title: Medical Assistant - Organ Transplant - (FT Days)
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Centennial Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00001-54608