HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director- SWAT , Process Improvement in Nashville, Tennessee
The Director of Performance Improvement Team Lead is responsible for leading hospital-based multi-disciplinary teams to specific business and financial objectives. The Team Lead Director is responsible for recommending process and cost efficiency solutions and collaborating with the Subject Matter Specialists (SMSs) regarding specific courses of action. This position directs multi-disciplinary teams using a defined performance improvement methodology. The Director Team Lead manages the set-up of hospital-based team meetings, supplies teams with relevant data, and engages team members throughout project life cycle. This position regularly updates the Site Lead Director and AVP of PI regarding the progress of hospital-based teams and any roadblocks to success. This individual should possess excellent communication skills, proven motivational capabilities, and a demonstrated track record of delivering results and attaining goals. * Facilitates multiple teams; including the collection, dissemination, and organization of meeting tools, data, and assignments. * Analyzes comparator and benchmark data to make cost and process efficiency recommendations in line with facility or team financial objectives. * Collaborates with other HCA facilities and corporate departments to disseminate process improvement Best Demonstrated Practices for achievement of team goals. * Participates in updating the Performance Improvement toolkit and other process improvement methodologies for departmentally focused engagements in areas such as Radiology, Laboratory, Pharmacy, Therapies, specialized nursing units, and support services. * Directs and maintains project work plans. * Serves as a liaison between Site Lead and hospital team members. * Develops strategic documents, such as: communication plans, detailed project plans, and project updates/presentations. * Manage projects to ensure smooth execution of newly implemented processes. * Designs meaningful and realistic action plans for the implementation of process improvement ideas.
· Facilitates “Rapid Design” sessions in order to lead teams in brainstorming sessions on identifying new cost savings and process improvement ideas. * Escalates issues to Site Leader as necessary. * Master the use of the PI toolkit for all phases of performance improvement projects, including at a minimum: o Portfolio Development Phase - Cost and Clinical Benchmarking Tools, Interview and Assessment Tools, Standard Data Reports o Design Phase - Ideas Database, Team and Team Leader Training Materials, Meeting Templates, Steering Meeting Tools o Implementation Phase - Tracking Tools, Idea Follow-up Meeting Minutes * Builds and maintains strong, effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders across HCA. * Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
· 7 years professional work experience required.
· 4-6 years relevant experience required.
· Experience in performance/process improvement including proven success in implementation.
· Experience within healthcare operations required.
· Must have extensive PC skills including spreadsheets, databases, and presentation applications.
· Must have strong analytical, written, verbal, and presentation skills.
· 80% travel required
Title: Director- SWAT , Process Improvement
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Corporate Main Campus
Requisition ID: 10215-19414