HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Medical Staff in Nashville, Tennessee
Celebrating 45 years of providing quality healthcare to Nashville, Middle Tennessee and the surrounding region, TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 657-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular, imaging, neuroscience, oncology, orthopaedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder and women's services. An affiliate of TriStar Health, TriStar Centennial is home to Sarah Cannon Cancer Center, The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial, TriStar Centennial Women's Hospital, TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, as well as TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion, one of the region's oldest and largest full-service psychiatric facilities. Round-the-clock care is also available at TriStar Ashland City Medical Center, a critical access hospital in nearby Cheatham County. The TriStar Spring Hill Emergency Room provides 24-hour emergency care for nearby Spring Hill, TN, and surrounding communities.
Job Summary The Director, Medical Staff Services leads the direction and management of the Medical Staff Office in areas of medical staff administration, medical staff education, accreditation and regulatory compliance, facility based credentialing, privileging, performance improvement and information management.* *
- College degree required, masters preferred.
- Certification by the National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) as a Certified Professional Medical Staff Manager (CPMSM) or Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS).
- Medical terminology and computer knowledge, including word processing and database management.
- Demonstrated experience with each of the required areas of expertise in section I
- 3-5 years of progressive responsibility and experience in Medical Staff Services, with 2 years of management or office management experience preferred.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with physicians, physician office staff, department directors, administration, licensing and regulatory agencies, colleagues, and centralized processing center staff.
- Detail oriented with analytical skills.
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously and efficiently.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Knowledge and understanding of CMS and Joint Commission standards, NPDB guidelines, hospital policies and procedures, and general licensing regulations.
Title: Director of Medical Staff
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Centennial Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00001-54437