HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Consulting Product Analyst in Nashville, Tennessee
JOB SUMMARY The positions primary responsibility will be to define, implement and support integration of source systems to HCA customers. Supports business owners related to system enhancements or system issues. Provides business knowledge and subject matter expertise on systems to the business owner and team members.
Works with other key project team members to define requirements, design the functional solution, identify and resolve project issues, and ensure the IT solution meets requirements and the business need.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES % of Time and Description
40% - Drives technical analysis of product requirements (user, functional and non-functional) • Work with the Business Owner to design and develop systems, ensure that the integration between clinical applications such as MEDITECH function properly. • Responsible for maintaining documentation for projects and ensures the information can be easily located and referenced by the organization. • Able to establish and meet due/delivery dates. • Manage operational, design and technical tasks as needed based on project. • Coordinate and assist in prioritizing new enhancement requests through reviews with the Business. • Identify potential risks to the quality of the product/solution. • Develop future strategies using technology.
30% - Manage relationships • Provide second level system support for Corporate Service Support. • Drive resolution of operational issues. • Maintain vendor relationships. • Maintain open collaboration with the business leaders to assure data model is agreed upon. • Create and maintain strong relationships with internal IT departments.
30% - Support testing services to assure the quality of product/solution testing.
• Participate in use case development, test planning and strategy.
• Conducts meetings as necessary with teams/thought leaders in the field. • Conducts training sessions as necessary with primary end users. • Create documentation as necessary for the field on new functionality
EXPERIENCE Relevant Work Experience 7-10 years
College Graduate Required - Undergrad
• Experience with Clinical Applications that facilitate patient care with the latest technology and trends including how these trends will impact the need and use of data.
• Experienced in the implementation and deployment of increasingly challenging projects in business or systems analysis.
• Knowledge of HL7 standards. • Strong leadership skills with excellent communication and inter-personal skills. • Highly motivated and able to work independently with little supervision. • Adeptness to learn new assignments, technologies and application quickly and manage multiple assignments simultaneously. • Able to build strong relationships within department and with other technical team members. • Must have the ability to prioritize multiple activities and tasks simultaneously and adapt to a rapidly changing environment. • Strong analytical and technical skills with ability to analyze issues, assess technical risks, and recommend sound solutions in a timely manner. • Other skills regularly preferred within the Clinical Informatics team include: Business Objects, Cognos, relational databases (such as SQL Server, Oracle, or Teradata) and multidimensional databases such as (SQL Server Analysis Services).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS • Some travel will be required • Typical work week hours can vary depending on workload and project deliverables
Title: Consulting Product Analyst
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Corporate Main Campus
Requisition ID: 10207-19039