Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Bob''s Steak & Chop House Cook 1 - (19426)
This details all the information about the job posting.
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
Bob''s Steak & Chop House Cook 1
Nashville Hotel - Nashville, TN 37201 US (Primary)
Omni Hotel Overview
The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville’s vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city’s distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
Summary:The Bob''s Cook 1 is responsible for the preparation of cooked food items in Bob’s Steak & Chop House. To follow, enforce, comply and adhere to all Bob’s Steak & Chop House rules, policies, procedures, standards and recipes at all times.
* Communicate with the Chef to learn daily work tasks and their coordination, and complete daily prep list.
* Be knowledgeable of plate presentations and preparations of all menu items.
* Prepare all items on prep list following standard procedure or otherwise told by supervisor.
* Maintain high quality at all times. Inspect all food products for quality when working on prep list and service line.
* Check portion control, weights and counts prior to function.
* Fire all food for service and to serve on line.
* Maintain/check cooking times and temperatures.
* Follow all storage procedures when taking food out of walk-in and when returning food to walk-in.
* Maintain cleanliness of work area at all times.
* Keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Health Department standards at all time.
* Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
* Date all food containers and rotate as per Merritt Hospitality standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
* Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages.
* Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
* Cooperate with other cooks to prepare events or special requirements on meals.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Basic math skills needed to understand and implement recipes and measurements.
* Must have prior experience to include sautéing, broiling & fry cooking. Requires a working knowledge of sanitation standards.
* Operate and maintain deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, and flat top grill.
* Good eye/hand coordination needed to use all kitchen equipment.
* Sufficient manual dexterity needed in hands to operate knives, spatulas, tongs, etc.
* Position requires bending, continuous standing, pushing, pulling carrying & lifting up to 70 lbs.
* Ability to work standing up in a confined area for long periods of time in order to perform the essential functions.
* Must be flexible with schedules including weekends and holidays.