HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Accounts Payable Specialist (Supply Chain) in Nashville, Tennessee
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for reviewing, validating, and processing all invoices for payment according to the department’s policies and procedures. The A/P Specialist is also responsible for the timely resolution of all invoice discrepancies, ensuring the facilities remain in good standing with the vendor community, and ensuring that all accruals are recorded in an accurate and timely manner.
• Compile and review accounts payable documents and prepare document batches for processing • Record appropriate vendor, expense account number, and tax information when processing payments • Match supplier credit memos with hospital debit memos and process them in a timely manner; Investigate and resolve any identified discrepancies in a timely manner • Record all manual checks issued by the facilities accurately and efficiently • Respond to employee and vendor inquires in a professional, courteous, and timely manner • Prepare accounts payable reports and maintain accounts payable records according to department policies and procedures • Review and correct OPAY report weekly to ensure the accuracy of the accruals • Review and correct suspended voucher report weekly to ensure that all discrepancies are resolved • Maintain effective communication with customers, co-workers, vendors, and the management team • Demonstrate effective problem solving skills • Demonstrate comprehensive job knowledge
• High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 years previous accounts payable experience
- Experience with PO process is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work well in team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/tasks in a fast-paced, high volume, changing environment.
- Accuracy and thoroughness with attention to detail.
- Strong research and analytical skills of the accounts payable functions.
- Must have strong computer skills
Title: Accounts Payable Specialist (Supply Chain)
Location: Tennessee-Nashville-Nashville CSC Third Party Services
Requisition ID: 26460-12038