General Motors District Manager Development Program - North Central Region - SAL0009541 in Naperville, Illinois
* DISTRICT MANAGER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM *
District Managershave territorial responsibility for the administration of the Sales and ServiceAgreements that exist between General Motors and its dealers. DistrictManagers act as a consultant to the dealerships by working together with themon the development and implementation of their business plans. They workclosely with the dealers to ensure that our customers have the best customerexperience from the time of purchase through the life cycle of theirvehicle. District Mangers are involved in a variety of activitiesincluding implementation and development of marketing initiatives, customerretention, product displays, financial analysis, and training. DistrictManagers are based throughout the nation.
Selected candidatesfor the District Manager DevelopmentProgram will beplaced into General Motors’ internationally recognized and award winningtraining program. A short-term (6 month) developmental program that will preparethem for a District Manager assignment upon completion of training.Candidates will rotate through key positions and projects during the 6months. Following the successful completion of the DM DevelopmentProgram, candidates will be eligible for assignment as a District Manager.
The trainingstructure will provide candidates with knowledge of GM’s retail sales strategy,dealer network, vehicle order and purchase process, business management andother areas. The rotational program will also help the candidate developa strong personal network of business professionals within General Motors andthe automotive industry. Long term career mobility is a requirement forDistrict Managers with General Motors Corporation.
* Requirements: *
- Ability to attend multiple week-long training in Detroit, MI area (accommodations paid for by GM)
- Ability to complete training in a Regional location first 6 months of employment (may require temporary housing paid for by GM)
- Ability to relocate anywhere in the United States after first 6 months of employment (relocation is paid for by GM)
- Ability to travel between GM dealerships 80-85% of the time and be home based
- Deliver training and presentations to dealerships as needed.
- Valid driver license
* Qualifications: *
Bachelor’sdegree or equivalent experience
- Customer service or retail experience
- Must be 100% mobile now and in the future and able to relocate anywhere within the United States.
- Position involves extensive overnight travel
- The ability to balance competing priorities while maintaining effectiveness in a dynamic, often chaotic environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that involves understanding the audience; getting the message across; presenting information effectively; and communicating openly
- Excellent time management skills – the ability to effectively and efficiently use your time to focus on the most impactful activities and challenge those that distract from the identified goal
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to influence business partners
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Computer skills to develop, maintain, and analyze data
* PreferredQualifications: *
- Dealership/automotive experience
- Sales or Account Management experience
Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexualorientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.