HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Practice Administrator in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
*JOB TITLE: * Practice Administrator – Level I (Responsible for net revenue of $7M-$11M)
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Practice Administrator directs and supervises the day-to-day functions of assigned clinics in the market/division in accordance with federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations. The Practice Manager is responsible for carrying out all established policies. Works with and builds alignment with medical providers, staff and hospital administration.
SUPERVISOR: Division Vice President or Market Manager SUPERVISES: Clinic/Practice Staff Supervisors and Management Personnel
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. The overall operational responsibility for the routine business and clinical functions of the assigned practice.
1. Develops, implements and monitors annual practice(s) budget(s) by:
- Develops cost/benefit analyses of new patient care services and equipment to maximize patient revenues.
- Meets regularly with constituents including operations leadership, physicians and hospital administration to review practice financial performance and practice key indicators.
- Responsible for all practice receivables and collections practices..
- Monitors purchases for each practice. Plans a corrective strategy when order levels are excessive in volume or cost and communicates the strategy with the Division/Market Practice Manager.
- Ensures that the most cost effective vendors and products are being utilized.
- Selection, hiring and evaluation of practice management a staff.
- Counsels, disciplines and/or recommends termination of employees as required.
- Recommends professional development for staff.
- Ensures regulatory compliance.
- Develops and oversees implementation and administration of internal practice policies and procedures in conjunction with Physician Services standard policies and procedures. Interprets applicable laws, rules and regulations and ensures the practice is in compliance with them.
- Develops and maintains effective communications between all levels of personnel.
- Ensures compliance with and knowledge of the company’s Code of Conduct by all subordinates to ensure an ethical work environment.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
EDUCATION: *Bachelor’s Degree in health or business administration is preferred. Appropriate experience may be substituted for educational requirements.*
EXPERIENCE: * Three years work and supervisory experience in practice management of multiple locations. * Effective working knowledge of healthcare financial management, specifically medical practice accounting, third party reimbursement issues, patient flow and facilities management. 1.
Title: Practice Administrator
Location: South Carolina-Myrtle Beach-Grand Strand Surg - Trauma %26 G
Requisition ID: 26007-50370