DEAN FOODS COMPANY PET Dairy School Route Driver (CDL-B) in Mt Crawford, Virginia
Drives a company vehicle over an established route to deliver, sell, merchandise and/or render service to local and area school systems. This position may serve as a relief driver during the summer months. Vehicles consist of Straight, Pup or Tractor Trailer trucks.
· Calculate customer orders and maintain proper documentation in computerized hand-held device.
· Collect money and maintain hard-copy documentation.
· Load/unload trucks.
· Conduct product inventories.
· Resolve customer complaints.
· Stock and/or rotate product on shelves or in cold room.
· Utilize continuous improvement mindset; assist in identifying opportunities on improving processes.
· Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Learn and adhere to safety and security policies and procedures.
· Follow all sanitation and quality policies and procedures, and report any deficiencies.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
· Must be able to drive, stand, walk, kneel, lift and bend required for virtually the entire shift. Able to balance - pulling product, climb in and out of truck. Must be able to to lift and/or move up to six cases on hand truck. (cases weigh 20 to 55 lbs.).
· Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environment with moderate noise, sometimes slippery floors. Temperature range includes outdoors, indoors and cargo areas from 34°-40° degrees Fahrenheit.
· Overtime and working on holidays is often required.
· Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).
· Must possess and maintain a CDL.
· Must have a clean driving record.
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Requisition ID: 6180