Google System on a Chip/Electrical Engineering Modules Reliability Engineer in Mountain View, California
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
You will lead the EE activities for SoC, product and module reliability engineering that supports Hardware Programs. In this position, you will have a broad technical background covering advanced Silicon/Wafer Fab and IC Packaging/Assembly technologies, silicon related reliability failure modes, product test and qualification, with the ability to work with product design engineers, manufacturing engineers, and supplier quality engineers to lead all reliability development and testing activities. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are key to establish effective working relationships within and outside of Google.
- Lead all EE activities for SoC and module reliability including product testing, electrical de-bug/FA and new Product/SoC bring up.
- Lead the semiconductor Wafer Fab/Assembly House technology and reliability interface with early engagement to support the supplier and technology selection for product teams.
- Establish the Silicon DfR (Design for Reliability) methodology within Alphabet and establish a silicon chip qualification framework by projecting failure rates based on system usage models to map silicon reliability into system level.
- Collaborate and work synergistically with product design, system engineering, system reliability, manufacturing and quality engineers to de-risk, drive root cause and implement corrective actions.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in semiconductor industry with 7 years of direct experience in SOC, Product Engineering and reliability.
- Experience in applying design for reliability techniques including FTA and DFMEA.
- Experience in advanced silicon technology nodes (14nm FinFETs and beyond) as well as Product Test Engineering for new Product bring up.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- 10 years of experience in semiconductor industry working with diverse technical teams.
- Familiarity and experience dealing with semiconductor supply chain partners.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills. Excellent sense of humor.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.