Google Contract Manufacturing Partner Manager, Google Hardware in Mountain View, California
Commodity Managers work with Engineering teams to make sure Google has the supplies and equipment to put into production the innovative products coming from our Engineering teams. As a Commodity Manager, you use your wide industry knowledge and strategic supplier relationships to optimize our total cost of ownership for our global -- and growing -- infrastructure. The scale at which Google operates means that savings on just one piece of hardware can have a huge impact on Google's bottom line.
In this role, you will lead the sourcing, selection, contracting phase, and commercial negotiations of outsourced manufacturing partners. You will develop cost models of assemblies and products and lead negotiations from inception to contracting phase. You will update and report cost performance and supply chain risk management through all phases of the product development life cycle. You will also be the Supply Chain lead to the overall program development team and drive cost performance across the commodity teams in support of program goals.
- Develop CM/ODM strategy and implement supplier management processes with critical partners.
- Lead the creation and implementation of RFX processes for sourcing needs.
- Own the agreement creation process with the cross-functional program needs in mind.
- Manage assigned manufacturing partner to program requirements in cost, quality, schedule and technology areas.
- Perform periodic cost improvement ideas in terms of DFM or alternative technology choices.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of related experience.
- Experience leading/managing Contract Manufacturers and Original Design Manufacturers.
- Experience with finance and analytics. Cost modeling and negotiation experience.
- Experience in consumer product hardware development.
- Broad range of procurement and supply chain background.
- Negotiator with track record of establishing impactful partnerships, ability to interpret legal documents and work with Legal to complete agreements.
- Fluency in Mandarin and familiarity with international business customs.
- Willingness to travel in Asia a minimum of 25% of the time and for extended periods as required.